HybridZ

bolt on frame connectors

This company sells subframe connectors that quite a few members on this site have expressed interest in

http://www.zparts.com/ads/zspider/zspider_index1.html

So far no one has posted anything saying they have bought them or how well they work.

They look really interesting to me. If you check into them be sure and post what you find out.

I've seen sketches of these and can't figure out what good they are or what exactly they're supposed to make stiffer or stronger. I ain't gettin it, but I could be stupid, wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, yeah, I still owe us a computer model of an early Z unibody. Lost the old one, got the new one in CATIA but not in NASTRAN yet, been busy. I'll get to it.

I've always been skeptical too, but then I'm used to Zs with roll bars and cages. I can't recall the last time I drove a basically stock 240Z.

Ooops! MSA autocross! I drove a few of the student's nearly stock 240Zs. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to chassis stiffness or response.