HybridZ

time for some valvetrain changes...

TimZ

Slight hi-jack but I think it's relevant.

What is the proper way to go about removing/installing valve seats from a head? Does it involve heating, or just pressing? How would one go about pressing, or is there a special puller that comes in from the combustion chamber side? What kinds of interferences are expected for a proper fit? 0.005" or so?

Just curious.

Thankee. Rebello might not like it, but *I* sure appreciate getting to see those shots of the combustion chambers.

Do you really think that was bad of me to post those pics? I dont want to piss anyone off, Dave seems like a great guy, and I did not realize that he might not want that sort of thing shown. I'm feeling kinda stupid now:bonk:

Do you really think that was bad of me to post those pics? I dont want to piss anyone off, Dave seems like a great guy, and I did not realize that he might not want that sort of thing shown. I'm feeling kinda stupid now:bonk:

I do not know; I felt it might be worth pointing out. Let me be brutally honest and say this: I saw that, and then read BRAAP's comment about the shape of the combustion chamber, and my first thought was "I need to save that image, it looks almost exactly like I thought it should anyhow, but now I have seen a rebello head even though I haven't bought one yet."

Quite frankly, Rebello is as much of a dream to me as Ferrari :D

SO, I don't know.. it isn't INCREDIBLY compromising, but it isn't my place to make that judgment call. What would some of our professional members (gee, who am I really talking to here? :rolleyesg) think about this? My point was simply to say that I can see where someone *might* consider that photo "intellectual property" in a sense.

No, and don't let anyone tell you it is bad. You DO own the head, right? You did pay him for those services, right? Did he have you sign a non-disclosure agreement?

This is the same kind of thinking that lets EFI tuners charge you for tuning services without ever giving you any evidence of what they actually did. I have personally seen several examples of fairly well known tuners charging big bucks for doing virtually nothing. Not that this necessarily applies to Rebello in this case, but posts like yours only serve to keep vendors honest, IMHO.

Now if you had some sort of agreement not to disclose, or he did the work for free, etc., then it is a different story, but I seriously doubt that this is the case. Showing examples of work well done should only be good for his business, and any work that you charge a premium for ought to be able to stand up to a peer review.

Thanks for the replies, I just did not know if I broke some un-said golden rule or not. I did pay for the work and I do own the head. Dave never even hinted at "Don’t show this or hide this" Like I said, he was super nice, prompt, professional, and on time. I just did not want to “burn any bridges†if there was some un-said rule I broke, I would defiantly like to use him again. Thanks Jeff

Cool, good to see one man at least posting an "It's OK" opinion on this.

I didn't want to point any fingers, I just knew that *I* was appreciative of getting to see it; *I* felt somewhat guilty (but I saved the photos anyhow) and I could certainly understand how it MIGHT have been a potential sticking point.

Whatever, tho. Thanks for the pics, heh.