HybridZ

RB25DET Slave Cylinder part number...

Racinjitter

I just came across a great source for our overpriced slaves that a lot of people are getting ripped on, Including me(sorry scotty). This is taken from the Nico forums.

I just ordered a clutch slave cylinder from one of the big suppliers of RB swap parts out on the West coast! It was for a customers car. I payed $80 shipped for it. When it got here it was in a Centric Parts box. The little paper that came in the box said it was a Touge Racing Products RB25DET Slave Cylinder.It had the Centric part number removed. I got on the phone with Centric and sent them some pictures of the slave cylinder. They told me it was one of theirs but had the mounting holes drilled out. They gave me the part number.

I called my local NAPA store and had them cross the number for me. I payed $16 for the same cylinder! All I had to do was drill out the holes!

Here is the good stuff!! The part numbers!!

Centric part# 13844106

NAPA (United) part # 37487

LUK part # LSC213

O'Reilly part# 37487

I hope this information helps! I hated giving $80 for a $16 dollar part that took someone an entire 60 seconds to make fit! Cheers' date='

Jon

[/quote']

Also does anyone think that we should include the part number of the NAPA alternator and starters in this thread? If so please post them and I (or a mod) will update accordingly.

Starter part numbers

Napa # 2444517

O'reilly # 16203

Nice job...you just saved me some money. Now how about those starter numbers??? Thanks alot.

Ok, here is the napa starter part number 2444517, Orielly's part number is 16203. I have heard that the solenoid will interfere with some rb coolant hoses, but I believe that J. Soileau RB26zcar is running this starter with no problems? And scottyMIz?

J. Soileau RB26zcar could you post up the part number of the alternator that you bought?

I seemed to have lost track of where I posted it at before. Have you seen the thread where I mentioned it Jitter?

Yes, I saw the thread that you mentioned it in, but I thought that you may have run across it since. Oh well, maybe this winter I winter I will take mine off and get it matched up.

I just called Napa. This is a list of the cars that these parts came on, straight from the source.

The parts we're looking at fit the following cars:

Slave Cylinder:

80 - 85 Celica and Corolla

Starter:

200sx: 77-83

510: 68-81

521: 71,72

610: 73-76

620: 72-79

710: 74-77

720: 80-83

720: 83-85 (2.4 Litre, Pick-up)

Man, I'm like the parts number/cross reference whore on this forum.

k just got back from the local napa store and the part number i thought was the right one is not. They changed the style of the starter i had them order the one in the book that looks like the right one to see if it will work the part number is 2444514 the two guys at the napa store and super cool but the woman that was there was a bitch. I tried to explain to her the one they ordered was the wrong one and she said well it has to be it. me and the two other guys there tried explaining it to her, took us about 15 mins to make her understand that the car is not listed. The one guy there is going to call around for me to see if he can get us other numbers for other things. Like i said the cas from a z32 will work on my rb with the haltech i have to see if we can try it on a stock ecu to see if we have another source for the cas.

the starter if it works is $60 U.S. u going by the napa number or some other place?

napa canada

maybe i should ask for a remanufactured unit. he said it's not a part they carry, and those numbers are their new listings, so they're at the distribution warehouse.

could be a "special order"

More searching through Australian Catalogues for Bosch:

Skyline 2.4

1983 - 1986

2.4 Litre = BXD1242

Skyline R31

1986 - 1990

3.0 RB30DE = BXN1231

Holden Commodore VL

1986 - 1988 = 3.0 RB30E

Holden Commodore VL Export

1986 - 1988 = 2.0 RB20E

Holden Commodore VL Turbo

1986 - 1988 = 3.0 RB30ET

All use = BXN1231

I went through the entire catalogue searching for RB, and those are the only ones in the catalogue using RB engines. I noted that the RB20E might be something to look at. Did it have the same transmission as the RB20DE? Could it be possible that the RB20 starter fits the RB25 Transmission?

can anyone confirm or denounce?

BTW, whats the reason for the Starter number? Do you fellas not have starters or yours have died?

I can get the part number for any part within the starter for any RB engine (except RB30) if you'd like, that way you can possibly rebuild your own if you dare.