HybridZ

Top Notch Shop!!! SoCal!

Hey guys, I know this is kind of off topic but I felt like i should post this on every forum i visit pertaining to our Z's. I am sitting at a shop located in Orange,CA minutes (2 actually) from MSA. The shops name Brake Masters. I just bought a set of HP's, MSA sways, and Eibach springs from MSA. I had them installed here at BM and they did a wonderful job. Steven (The owner) was happy to introduce me to the guys working on my car ( Who by the way also own a 280Z ) and got me coffee for the wait. I felt VERY impressed with the work ethic here and safe to know the guy working on my car had a Z of his own.

Well after 4-5 hours of working on the car, installing sway bars, struts, bump stops, and springs, something didn't seem right. The front was sitting VERY HIGH and the rear sitting very low. Come to find out after a vist to MSA that the springs were swapped backwards. I asked them if there were any instructions or written words saying which springs go where and they paused and continued " Nope, we should really write that down on the box shouldn't we?" Well, I'll tell you i was pretty #$%^ pissed off.

After driving back and telling Steven what had happened, and feeling the bill raising for the work he would now have to re-do because of error on MSA and Eibach's side . . . He looked and me and said NO WORRIES AT ALL. We'll pull the other cars off the racks and have my guys switch it all out and fix it at no extra cost to you. He grabbed me a chair, said make yourself at home, and his guys went right back to work.

I can't tell you how relieved I was. Not only was he not charging me for the alignment 4 days from now, but he was not charging me for the extra 2 hours or so of work his guys have to do. This place is top notch, and the owner one of a kind. The second this happened I felt inclined to post up on the forums about this day. If you're ever in need of bushing replacement, installations, brake work, what not . . . Brake Masters off North Batavia St. is the place to go. (714) 288-6001 Ask for Steven and tell him Matt with the 240 sent ya!

I asked them if there were any instructions or written words saying which springs go where and they paused and continued " Nope, we should really write that down on the box shouldn't we?"

That's the difference between a parts dealer and someone who actually builds the cars. You got exactly the pre-sales support you paid for. I guess you got lost on the way up to my shop that day... :mrgreen:

That's the difference between a parts dealer and someone who actually builds the cars. You got exactly the pre-sales support you paid for. I guess you got lost on the way up to my shop that day... :mrgreen:

I'm sorry John, but i stopped into there after seeing a 280Z infront of their shop, the guy was soo impressed with my Z that he told me I could use his buying account with MSA to purchase all the parts at COST and no tax. So, I got the struts, sway bars, springs, and bump stops all for 620 i believe. I was so stoked i forgot to call u about it. I do apologize.

I'm not upset, that's why I put the smiley on my reply. I get a few calls each week from people seeking advice and I help them as best I can. I often get calls from other businesses selling to the Z market and I try to help them too. If they buy from me, great. If not, hopefully the next time they will think of me and BetaMotorsports.

Its important that folks support the few vendors that focus on the early Z market. Buying from me, MSA, Vildini, Sunrise Z, Black Dragon, etc. helps us all out by keeping vendors around that are willing to invest time and effort in creating new stuff for Datsuns. Sometimes spending a couple extra dollars with smaller vendors helps out five years down the road when parts for old Datsuns are still available.

Actually, no. Matt called me and we talked for about 10 minutes about which shocks, springs, etc. for his SR20DET 240Z. He said he would be by the shop that day before I closed to buy some HPs.

LOL, i was just kidding, I didn't know what was going on behind the scenes.

:icon45: