HybridZ

front wheel bounce

It feels like the R. Fr. wheel bounces a little when turning slightly left. Mostly around 30-40 MPH. I gave the front wheel a tug and there is no play per se. What kinds of things should I check out to see if there is a problem?

Guest Anonymous

You might be experiencing bumpsteer if your car is lowered more than 1 1/2 inches or may need an alignment or some strut cartridge replacements.

Guest Anonymous

You might be experiencing bumpsteer if your car is lowered more than 1 1/2 inches or may need an alignment or some strut cartridge replacements.

• 1 month later...

OK,

I replaced both front strut cartridges and it stopped bouncing, but started pulling to the right!

Got the front wheels aligned too. The guy said he couldn't get it to align correctly and stop pulling right, so he switched frt. wheels and it stopped pulling. Something about "Radial pull."

So now the R.F. wheel will still bounces at 32-37 mph. What else can be wrong?

With stock front suspension, the only 'alignment' that can be done is toe adjustment. Both camber and caster are not adjustable. But your problem could be caused by shot tension rod bushes ie the rubber pads at the rear end of the tension rod body mountings. Replace them with poly equivalents if in doubt, they should not be expensive, unless you are sure on inspection that they are OK.

• 4 weeks later...