HybridZ

No More Clutch Type LSDs!!!!!! (Nismo, Power Brute, etc)

Savage42

I have been in a z31 with a kaaz lsd and every time he turned it went BANG BANG BANG BANG, not quietly might I add. It was very loud and definately set up for drift.

What does "very loud" have to do with "definately set up for drift?"

A Detroit Locker is loud. Are those set up for drift, too?

Correct me if I'm wrong, (I don't really know the KAAZ) but I think that the main difference between the KAAZ and the Z31 unit, is that the KAAZ uses friction material on their clutch pack, which tend to wear off, thus the frequent recommended oil changes. + If you ride the car hard, that means having to replace the clutches every now and then...

What does "very loud" have to do with "definately set up for drift?"

A Detroit Locker is loud. Are those set up for drift, too?

I was just saying that the Kaaz is more oriented twards a drift car, Doesnt have to be though. From my experience with detroit lockers they are no where near as loud as this Kaaz is. It seriously sounded like it was ripping the car apart. Also this car that I rode in is a purpose built drift car that hardly ever gets driven on the streets.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have a KAAZ unit in my car currently and I'm not sure what's causing the noise or whether its just looseness in the drive train somewhere, but it make all sorts of god aweful noises when the LSD is trying to lock up lightly. Alternately, the sound goes away if you drive it hard enough :twisted: (inside wheel can be heard slipping). I'm in the process of having a CV conversion as i did know that i had some dodgey uni joints.... and a sheered axle retainer? at the wheel side, and have yet to drive it since converting to the larger 260z axles? Anyway, all stuff my mechanic has told me, but eventually i intend on also changing to a RT diff mount to see if that has any effect. Hopefully that will be the end of my saga with this unit, but i may have to change to something else(mechanical locker).