HybridZ

Never got the answer i wanted

REISHOKIN240Z

Ok last time i found this on ebay it was already to late cause i never got a answer to weather or not this was a item i should have purchased. Anyhow its been re-listed at a lower price so should i get it? or just twist the arm of some poor guy at the muffler shop to make me one? i just remember my last l28et 240z they made a really crappy down pipe from the 3 bolt flange. it was a major crush bend at a 90 degree angle that hung so low cause they could not make the bend too tight. talk about major restriction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240Z-L28ET-TURBO-DOWNPIPE_W0QQitemZ130150709794QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would have to disagree with Wigen. The DP, while flowing better than the stock DP, would still require a custom exhaust from the DP back. The cost of the DP is a little less than half of the cost of a custom TURBO back system that is built specifically for your car.

See this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=803512#post803512

I got the entire exhaust from the turbo back, MINUS the muffler, for $400 from Vildini Motorsports. The muffler was another $130 shipped from Summit.

I agree with both you guys.... it will flow way better. and it would probably be the same price with a muffler shop to do a full system but for some reason they dont have manderel bends around these parts.

and if they do they get you in your tailpipe without the lube!

also id hate to drive thru town without any type of DP although it just might be some fun hehe! atleast till you got 3 cops on you @$$!!! for the awsome 3 block radius noise.

I would have to disagree with Wigen. The DP, while flowing better than the stock DP, would still require a custom exhaust from the DP back. The cost of the DP is a little less than half of the cost of a custom TURBO back system that is built specifically for your car.

See this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=803512#post803512

I got the entire exhaust from the turbo back, MINUS the muffler, for $400 from Vildini Motorsports. The muffler was another $130 shipped from Summit.

Yeah sure if your a drives distance from Vildini( they do awesome work).. Thats great you got your whole exhaust done for around 530 or so thats not a bad price at all. I have about 400 (including magneflow muffler)total in my exhaust I made my self.It is all stainless steel 3" mandrel bent, Accept the scottie GNZ DP which is 2.5" stainless mandrel. The problem here is finding someone who can make mandrel bends local. KTM Is your system all stainless or just aluminized. I would think if you are going to get a better DP you would also be building a whole custom exhaust system. I doubt I would pay the 180 for that DP.. but 120-140 range sounds about right for it to me. just my .02

It's aluminized. I live in So. Cal. and do not have a need for a stainless system.

Vildini did not make the bends themselves. It is fabricated from pre-bent pieces and welded together. Any decent speed shop/muffler shop would use pre-bend pieces.

I would be leary of buying a DP made for someone elses car who I don't know, unless I saw the DP on the car itself. That's me.

Still, if it's an NR auction, I would bid on it. The last DP I saw for sale on Ebay went for $130.