HybridZ

Help a dutch guy out

flatline

Hey you freaks...

I just bought a 260z and I am going to restore it completely.

My budget is around 17000 euro.

I want to put in a RB25DET or A RB26DETT engine, but for now I will stick with a RB25DEt. I will drive the car for normal road and sometimes on a racetrack. My goal is around 400 RWHP

My question is: What do I need. I read the forum pretty good, but because everything is English I don't always understand everything.

This is What I think is necessary:

RB25DET

RB25DET Gearbox

RB20DET Oil pan

RB20DET Oil pickup and O-ring from a 300ZX Z31

Engine Mounts with supra isolators?

Transmission mount

Radiator 22"x 19"

Intercooler 24x12x4

IC-Piping

Water pump

Fuel pump (already got a nice one)

Electric Fan

Greddy Inlet plenum (because I want it) :icon56:

New suspension rubbers (poly)

New gauges

Apexi power FC

Custom made driveshaft

Willwood brakes

Fuel Cell

ZR flares

And then a few things I am not sure about, or don't understand completely.

The rear diff.

What will a good option without to much hassle? and what is still good available, maybe a Z31 300zx Longnose?

And what kind of CV shafts do I need, without fabricating everything myself? and what else do i need.

Is a r200 a LSD or do I need to put one in myself.

Suspension:

AZC Coilovers? or something Plug and Play?

Offcourse a lot of anwers can be found on the fora, but most of the time I am getting confussed and don't know where to go for. Just need a clear answer without it turning into a discussion :icon44:

So if someone can help me out, then perfect!

It s to bad there aren't many datsuns around here or companies who can fill my needs, I think I have to ship a lot of stuff from usa to my place.. It is going to be one expensive project...:shock:

And if there are some people from the netherlands on here, please contact me so we can meet up so I can see how you guys did it. :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot guys!

Dont forget:

Intercooler Piping

Driveshaft work (usually shortened depending on engine placement)

Transmission mount

200zr oil pan

water pump

electric fan or custom fan shroud

Fuel Pump( Walbro 255 is fine)

Misc Electrical Connections for wiring

R200 with LSD will work great

All other little stuff you will need along the way

Anything else I forgot that you will find out you will need along the way

Beer for frustration

Bandaids for after that frustration is released...

Then once you have all that done, you can start buying stuff for 400RWHP :)

your enthousiasm is not your problem that is for sure. What you really need to do at this point is calm down. All the questions you have are answered on this website. so read, read, read.

My advise to you is fix up the car first. than take a look at your budget. It's no fun to have a non running project car. So get the car fixed first. Concerning your engine choice, maybe you need to learn how to walk first before you start running. An engine swap like the RB means a lot of fabricating. Maybe start out with a decent l28et. Get it running on a standalone EFI system. Get a decent size turbo and exhaust sytstem. And then if you still decide that you want to go RB the turbo, exhaust and efi system are already there to make your live easier.

this aproach is a lot easier since you are not able to fabricate stuff.

Also when you read the posts here at hybridz you get the idea that everyone has 400+hp engines and I don't doubt that they do. But what you don't read is all the stuff they broke to get there. And 400 hp is a lot for a stock s30.

I guestimate that my turbo 260Z put out somewhere between 250 and 300 hp. This was enough to beat a porsche carerra S4 on the highway. And I could keep up with a Lotus Exige S (supercharged). What I'm saying is that you should work up to 400 hp.
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. by all means please do. But keep it sane and try to learn from the mistakes other people made.

Edited by Xander