HybridZ

New Truck wanted:Toyota Diesel - Other options?

BillZ260

stay very far away from any ford 6.0-i used to be a ford dealer tech-they are junk.i dont know about chevy reliability but if i was in that market i would looking at chevy with allison trans.manufactures need to make a smaller mid size truck that gets about 28-30 mpg with enough muscle to tow max 5000lb.a truck thats easy and fast to use-easy to park. a 4.0l turbo diesel would work.

I tow a full car trailer with either a 300zx or a 280zx on it every other weekend in my 5.4 Expedition. Let me tell you, if you wanna tow over 2 tons, a turbo deisel is the way to go. No ifs ands or buts, you want the power to tow and not struggle going up hills, or dropping down to 2nd gear and revving the crap out of your motor, turbo deisel. Dont skimp on trucks, or itll hurt you in the long run. The smallest thing i would tow with is an F250. This is from experience after buying the Expedition with the 5.4.