HybridZ

cheap 5 lug set up?

I am thinking about going to the 5 lug set up. Does anyone sell 280z stubs drilled and ready to

go? I dont need the big brakes just looking for the bolt pattern. I figure for the front i will

do the 300zx swap but trying to figure out the rear first. Thanks Ron

Originally posted by z ya:

I am thinking about going to the 5 lug set up. Does anyone sell 280z stubs drilled and ready to

go? I dont need the big brakes just looking for the bolt pattern. I figure for the front i will

do the 300zx swap but trying to figure out the rear first. Thanks Ron

I don't know of anybody selling the stubs already drilled, but any competent machine shop should be able to do it for you for a reasonable price. It just involves pressing out the old lugs, drilling new holes, and then pressing in new studs. It is important that the lugs end up in a perfect 4.5" circle so that the wheel is perfectly centered to prevent vibration.

Gene

Just a note for your front conversion. If you plan to use the 300ZX hubs on the front, the mounting surface for the wheels move outward and you will end up needing a different offset wheel than stock. To make the back wheel offset match the front, you will need to use longer than normal studs on the back and use a spacer to even it up with the front.

Gene