HybridZ

Trans mount question JTR mount

gretchen/jason

When installing the mount and using the JTR engine mounts will it be somewhat self centering ? I mean will i have to wiggle the trans any and how can i tell exactly if the trans tail shaft is pointing straight at the rear diff other then the calibrated eye ball check .

Before on my other z i used the MSA mounts and ya had to check height of the tail shaft and side to side measurements to aling the drive shaft properly just wondering if ya have to do the JTR mount the same way .

Oh and i noticed the knotches for the exhaust are different sizes does the longer hump go towards the drivers or passanger side or does it not really matter .

Jason

Not to be rude and a great idea there but to much work for me . The up and down angle of the shaft is easy to figure out as for side to side now that ive seen the laser light idea or pointer .

If i were to mount one square to a magnet then stick it to the flange on the diff and pointed it towards the tail shaft of the trans till the dot hit the tail shaft center point would that do the same tjing for side to side .

As with the msa mounts i just used a tape measure but theire mount had no side to side adjustments though to deal with .

If i were to mount one square to a magnet then stick it to the flange on the diff and pointed it towards the tail shaft of the trans till the dot hit the tail shaft center point would that do the same tjing for side to side .

That won't work. Twist the engine and the dot will hit the tail shaft, but now your angles are screwed. Besides, the engine is typically offset to one side of the car. Thus the diff shouldn’t be pointing directly at the trans. You want the two lines parallel to each other.

Just go a head and hook it up. If it vibrates then I am sure it will be less work to remount the engine a second time.

So if im reading youre other thread corectly the laser on the trans output shaft will be at the same level as the one pointing from the rear diff two " side by side lines " is what i would be looking for or would one beam be pointing directly at the other beam .

I read the thread 3 times just want to be sure about what i was reading .

JAson

As far as getting the trans CENTERED, bolt it to the engine, (I used a mock up for this). Lower them both into the car, bolt the engine to it's mounts, then bolt the x-member loosely to the trans, jack the trans to height and mark your mounting holes.

You can easily adjust the height later then if needed.

So if im reading youre other thread corectly the laser on the trans output shaft will be at the same level as the one pointing from the rear diff two " side by side lines " is what i would be looking for or would one beam be pointing directly at the other beam .

I read the thread 3 times just want to be sure about what i was reading .

JAson

Don't cross the beams.

They should stay the same distance apart up-down and left-right.

At the trans yoke measure the up-down distance then the side to side distance.

Do the same at the diff flange.

When the measurements are the same, they are perfectly in line.