HybridZ

Struggles on hills?

Hello everyone! I am currently looking at purchasing a 1982 Datsun 280zx Turbo but the owner has said that it "labours" our struggles on hills. He said that its most likley a Transmission or Fuel Injection issue, just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with there S130 and what needed to be replaced. or what should be replaced.

I agree, very open ended. Well If the rpms are shooting up when on a hill the clutch could be slipping. I usually stay at around a 3k rpm minimum on hills depending on the grade of incline. But if the rpms aren't loosely jumping around they it may be some sort of fuel problem such as dirty clogged injectors or possibly timing issues. You may want to test drive it yourself before trying to figure out what kind of problem it has.

Also, Ill say this before anyone else does because I know its going to happen. You might want to try a search and browse a couple pages of results. I got through a whole engine swap that way so I'm sure you will find your solution there.

If you cant find anything try to get a little more specific here. :-D

Good Luck!

Naw, you just need more details to be more specific in your search. In a way if the seach cant help, we problaly cant ethier. You see if you do the leg work on the general, the experts like to pick up the details, sometimes it almost becomes a race to see who can get the problem guessed frist. Good luck on your investigation of that car!:icon14: