HybridZ

I think i found one of my 'rich' culprits...

from the looks of it. You're pointing to the hose attached to that corroded fitting.

That would be the output to the Heater Housing, which has the Thermal Vacuum valve attached to. Which THEN controls to a certian degree, how much exhausts the egr bleeds back into the system (i think)

maybe your rich problem is the water temp sensor? i know if it's not working right, it would make your car run rich

yeah that was what i was pointing to^^ sorry for not making it more clear.

i looked at the wiring diagram from the chilton's manual...but wasn't very clear as to where exactly i should be seeing a couple cut wires...

also looks like some kind of hose, or cable was connected to it, rather than just a couple wires, but i could be wrong.

so, how does your car run as far as it's richness?

I have a feeling mine might need replacement (however, it could be the water temp sensor)

i've got 0 power till 3500rpm, THEN it pulls. it runs rich as hell. If i restrict the fuel line going to the pump, it clears up, but it's running so rich that it barely idles at 500, and won't idle higher.

If you are pointing at the thermotime switch, that would only effect the mixture during start up / warm up. The water temp sensor on the other hand would screw up the mixture at all times. It's been my experience that when the temp sensor goes bad, the mixture goes full rich and the car will barely run and smokes like a dog. It (the water temp sensor) is cheap (15$) and available at any auto parts place. Replacing it is cheap easy diagnostics. My thermotime swith has been disconnected for months but I live in florida. All these comments are based on 280z 75 -78 stock fuel injection. Both sensors run into the fuel injection harness, a completely seperate harness from the rest of the wiring. It starts at the ECU, next to the drivers left foot, on the kickpanel. It runs through the firewall on the drivers side and up the inner fenderwell. It crosses from the fenderwell to the engine about where the strut tower is. It is the same harness that the fuel injectors are hooked to. Both those sensors are wired into that harness. The water temp gauge is the only other wire hooked in that area. It is a single wire connector which is on the end of the engine bay harness which comes through the firewall on the passenger side, runs up the passenger side fenderwell, through the core support, across the front of the core support, back through the core support, and back up the drivers side fenderwell.