HybridZ

Won't sell but lets it rust instead?!!

Guest jcarter

first of all let me say im new to this forum. also that i love Z cars. especially the 70-78 models. ive owned a few, though dont have one at the moment. looking to rectify this as soon as i decide what way i want to go this time. what i dont undersatand is this. there is a 78 280 sitting in this guys yard. it has been there for about 8 years. i asked about buying this car several years ago and was turned down. said he was gonna keep it and get it in great shape. at the time the car was in good condition. i stopped by the other day to see if he had changed his mind. the car is well on its way to complete rust out. floor boards, top, door edges, rear fenders. all getting eaten up. i asked if he wanted to sell it before it was completely destroyed. the guy still turned me down, but wanted to know what i thought the car might be worth. i was really kinda ticked, not that he didnt want to sale but that he had let this car get in this shape. i told him it was worth considerable less than when i offered to buy it the first time. he said i would know it was for sale when i saw a for sale sign hanging on it. i told him to at least get it covered before it was totally ruined. i dont understand what is going on in this guys head.

Don't know where you're at in Georgia but onuthin over at classiczcars.com probably has 8-12 S30s in various conditions he uses either for parts or to rebuild. He lives between Gray and Forsyth and he and his wife are really neat, nice people, he may be able to help you find a good project car.

I live next door to a guy doing the same thing to an early 260.

We moved into our house about 4 years ago and within a couple months I went over to see if he'd be willing to sell it.

Nope and he said it had already been sitting for 8 years at that point, so now it's up to about 12. He bought it, drove it for 6 months and parked it and it hasn't moved since, he didn't even re-register it, might not have even transfered the title to his name.

So now I get to look at it every day when I head off to work.

My neighbor is a real pack rat though, he has 8 lawn mowers in his back yard and 6 cars in the front including the Z. His garage is full of stuff to the point you can't even walk though it.

Wheelman

that is just plain retarded. Before I went down to Georgia to get mine I had noticed one sitting in this driveway for many years. The tires have always been flat. I went up there one day and asked. Nope!

The guy's mom answered the door, "oh no, he won't sell it." "can I talk to him?" "He lives in Myrtle Beach..." "What? are you serious? This is NY! Here is my number give it to him and have him call me about it"

Whatever, I drove by there last year, its still sitting there. Its been at least 10 years since the first time I saw it there...