HybridZ

Drumroll please,

AKWIKZ

Because it lives. After around 1 month of work, the GT-R is running. Today, with the help of a few good friends, we managed to get the RB26 to fire. We did run into one snag though. I had spent a fair amount of time figuring out the wiring of the stock computer. Well, apparently there is one thing not mentioned in any of the FAQ's I found. On the R33 RB26 there is an 8 pin plug near the mass sensors, similiar to the Series 1 RB25. But on the RB26 six of those wires run to the injectors directly. We found that this is where the injectors get their power from. Once we ran 12 volts to all six of these wires the motor started on the first try. We only ran it for a minute or so but it sounded awesome. It revved easy and had no sputtering at all. I have a fair amount of work ahead still. There is no radiator yet and I'm still waiting on a few small parts to show up. But it looks as though it will make it to the show this weekend after all. I will post pics later on, but wanted to share. I also need to thank Manny and Spencer as they were quite instrumental in getting over the last few humps.

Brian