HybridZ

which wears out- steering knuckle or tie rod?

I think I found out why my front wheel is 'bouncing.' It looks like there is too much play in the knuckle joint to the tie rod end, so gease will just squirt out easily. Should I be looking at the tie rod end or the hole in the knuckle to see which one has worn out?

what's a good place to get the stock steering knuckle ('78 280Z)?

Ok....

I took the wheel off & looked at the tie rod pin. It looked tight. Grabbed it and it didn't have any looseness.

I suppose I should look into the steering rack or something else.

Could a shocks/brakes/alignment place be able to diagnose the problem? I think I'm outof ideas.

:(

• 1 month later...
Guest michael_240Z

hey tomohawk,

i just replaced my tie rod ends and rack and sway bar bushings on my 73. that tightened the steering up very nicely. you might want to check the steering rack bushings as well. i got energy suspension polyurethane bushings from Zbarn. make sure you check the boots(they look like CV joint boots on hondas and **** ), mine were cracked but they were about $25 a piece. everything(steering rack, sway bar mount and drop link kit, bushings and boots were just under $100. now i can't wait to get coilovers.