HybridZ

has anyone used stock knock sensor on L28

Paul260z

You need to process the signal from the stock sensor to give a 0v to 5v output depending on knock. Quite a few production cars have a signal processor that can be used to filter the signal from the sensor....Saab turbo's for one. http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/garage/6776/apc.html

better link here

http://www.mswanson.com/~jgreen/APC/APC.html

• 1 year later...

Wow, time flies. My turbo is bad on this car so I haven't got to tuning and using the knock sense module. I have a feeling it is not going to work well on this 5.3 engine because it has the notorious lifter knock. I think that is going to set off phantom knock. One of these days I will find out. Maybe others have new input on the knock sense module.

A buddy's car has this with their supplied knock sensor and a custom stud to adapt it to the original position.

We can't really seem to stop it from going off in high rpm situations, even with low load and a conservative tune, which I doubt is causing engine knock. It has a little POT to tweak sensitivity, and I feel we can't get it insensitive enough. That or the stock position is too noisy and his exhaust too loud.

interesting. So your having a problem with too much sensitivity. I might have to try this out. I was afraid it would not be sensitive enough and hear the faint knock that I would not be able to hear in car.

-Ed

Yea, this is with their supplied Bosch sensor. The car is really loud though, external wastegate turbo, 3in dp/exhaust with a 6in body magnaflow in the trans tunnel where the exhaust ends.