HybridZ

Intercooler fitment Q's 24x4x12

streeteg

Well I am in a unique position...trying to fit an intercooler in a car that the front bumper may not be removed. Regardless I was able to fit it in after removing hood hinges and cutting a fair amount of the rad support.... however as I fit it in with the couplers I had It seems that there may be more cutting in order.....or not.... depending on suggestions. I do believe that a different coupler may remedy the situation but here are some pictures.....

ic.JPG

ic1.JPG

ic2.JPG

Nevermind the rust or the rough cutting job both are to be addressed as soon as I can mock up a running setup.... I will get pictures with the couplers removed tomorrow so that you can see that they actally sit nicely its just the couplers that extend it past the holes.

This is my first time taking on a "fabrication project" so i want to limit the amount of cutting and welding because I am a beginner.

It is an XS power 24x4x12

What couplers are you guys using for you I/C setups?

Was there any cutting involved other then widening of the holes for your setups?

What tool did you use? (I have a reciprocating saw and a rotozip)

did you have to cut from the front?

FMIC just for reference

fmic.JPG

Can you cut away at the silicone elbow at all? We managed to fit a 31" length (overall) on a friends car with some cutting to the rad support and some trimming of the silicone couplers.

I sawzall will cut through the sheet metal like butter, and I've heard a hole-saw is pretty good too. I don't like rotozips because the can go all over the place.

Mario

ya the hood hinges are already gone... I didnt understand how a 24 was having such fitment issues because people were fitting bigger. My main concern is the fact that I cant get the front end off cause its all molded (previous owneres)I will try a sawzaw to open that sucker up and we will see where that puts me...

-E