HybridZ

THATS IT never again

zthis

My last weekend at the Track with Stock halfshafts. Made 3 passes with

low 1.5 60 foots before i busted a u joint and spoiled a half shaft replaced the half shaft went again and this time busted 2 u joints and cracked a half

shaft. I'm not convinced CVs are the way to go i'll still be stuck with a R200 and stock stub axles with way too many 10 second passes on them. Time to

start researching a ford 9 inch back half

dscn2109ly3.jpg

slap a dana 60 and a correctly designed 4 link under a tubbed rear and forget about rear diff and suspension failures

BTW

I KNOW exactly what your going thru, as every time I installed decent slicks on my corvette and hit the giggle gas Id get a few passes then the rear IRS would start complaining or pukeing parts, so once I get the BBC installed with bthe 4L80E trans Ive got a DANA 60 lined up to upgrade the vettes rear too. theres NOTHING you can do to an IRS that will allow it to handle massive torque/and shock loads as well as a DANA 60 will, the parts just don,t have the size and mass, or the bearings to handle it like the DANA 60.

on my 1968 corvette I went thru the same B.S. and once I installed a DANA 60 the problems disappeared, while an IRS may be great for road racing its just not as strong as a solid read for drag racing, and on smooth surfaces theres no huge advantages to an IRS