HybridZ

Rb26 using T56 transmission

jkube

Hey guys

I was looking at the RB26DETT and L24 blocks in my garage and it seems to me that the bolt pattern for the transmission bell housing patterns are the same between the two designs.

Can anyone comment on this ??

Seems there might be a possibility in using the T56 tranny (which I have) instead of getting a hard to find RB25 unit.

Anybody have any information on this???

The bolt pattern is nearly the same. One bolt hole is the slightest bit off. Aside from that you have a problem with the tilt. The L series tilts opposite of the RB. My Skyline actually had an L series tranny bolted to the RB20 that was in it. It was a major hack job in my opinion. It worked on it, but it leaned hard and required a very odd wedge type spacer to make it work with the RB tilt. In my opinion it is not an option for a clean install.

Brian

The bolt pattern is nearly the same. One bolt hole is the slightest bit off. Aside from that you have a problem with the tilt. The L series tilts opposite of the RB. My Skyline actually had an L series tranny bolted to the RB20 that was in it. It was a major hack job in my opinion. It worked on it, but it leaned hard and required a very odd wedge type spacer to make it work with the RB tilt. In my opinion it is not an option for a clean install.

Brian

So the shifter would end up protruding into the passenger seat area?

Hey guys

I'd love to drag the trans out and fit it up properly to see how bad the offset is, but the car still has a motor in it. Wasnt planning to take it out until the spring.

I saw the posts where its states that the RB26 bellhousing fits onto a 300zx rear section/internals.

So, does any one have an RB26 bellhousing they want to sell???

Hey guys

I'd love to drag the trans out and fit it up properly to see how bad the offset is, but the car still has a motor in it. Wasnt planning to take it out until the spring.

I saw the posts where its states that the RB26 bellhousing fits onto a 300zx rear section/internals.

So, does any one have an RB26 bellhousing they want to sell???

I'd be very interested in participating in this type of project, however my only RB26 bell housing is currently mated to my 300ZX transmission (that was my thread you referred too)

:)