HybridZ

My car is fouling spark plugs like crazy!!!

Boriqueazy300ZXT

My car has been been damaging spark plugs like crazy. When I put in new spark plugs, they usually last 2 days before they are damaged again. The spark plugs come out blacker than a night in the woods. Inno that it's mixing in rich but the rare thing is that no black smoke comes out the tail pipe. Another thing is that when I press down the accelerator (try to go full throttle) the car slumps and basically does nothing, I mean, it doesn't accelerate the way that god made it to accelerate, it does nothing. The engine sounds like if I were going at a 100mph but actually I'm going 40mph. The engine sounds exhausted. The timing issue, I,ve already fixed that and it cannot be timing. Mainly I wanna know what are the thing or components that are causing me this headache???

You will not see black smoke out the back end of the car until the AFR is into the 9:1 Region. At 10:1 I could not see any smoke at all out the tailpipe (non-catalyst exhaust). Until it dropped into the 9's, the smoke did not show up---so you can be plenty rich and never see a whiff of black smoke out back, so don't put much credence in that evidence!

Timing and Fuel are what will cause this, unless you have some sort of plugged exhaust, or terribly restricted inlet.

How do you know your timing is not an issue?

I think the coolant sensor it's one of the problems because a Z expert over here told that when the coolant snsor broke, the computer was going to send more gas because it registers the engine as cold. My car usually spends $10 of gas in 3 hours tops with gas prices over here at $0.66 cents per liter (3.8L/1gallon). The other thing he told me that the broken coolant sensor had to do with my slow, slow, very slow engine rev, and my extremely low throttle response that maybe translated into non-throttle response. I really really wanna fix this problem. Please help me.

Another thing, a very important one actually. The "Z car expert" over here never told me were the fU(# the coolant sensor is located. My car has my pocket broke, it really is turning me crazy but I really don't want to get rid of it, I wanna fix it but I still don't know that much of Z cars. I'm an ex-Honda guy.

I can understand the frustration, but take some time to look around this website. You posted in the megasquirt forum, but you have a stock 300z as far as I can tell(by researching your other posts). I don't know where the coolant sensor is located on a 300z, you might want to ask in a different area of the forum. If you give more details about the car it is easier to answer your questions.

With a couple of Resistors you can 'dummy up' a signal to the ECU and run until you get the money for the replacement sensor.

Forget the curve, but you want resistance equal to a 180F temperature. The engine will be kind of hard to start and will run rough till it's warmed up, but in Puerto Rico, that shouldn't be too long!

I know during the summer my CLT on the Megasquirt will show 120 if I go to the car after it was sitting in the sun all day and I go out to take a run after work! Not much 'warmup enrichment' needed when the engine is 3/4 of the way warmed up just sitting in the sun!