HybridZ

front clip or engine??

Guest bonehead307

Guest bonehead307

so i just spun my main bearing in my 82 280zx NA and was looking at just dropping in a replacement engine. but after thinking about it i am incredibly intrested in dropping a rb25 engine in. and my first question of many to come is should i get a front end clip or just the engine? does the clip have parts that i need that doesnt come with the engine?? everything that comes with the engine is listed below. its from the website www.jdmtigerjapanese.com

Complete Motor

Complete Head

Intake ManifoldDistributorECUTurboStarter5 SpeedAC CompressorPower SteeringExhaustAlternatorThrottle BodyFuel Rail

Injectors

All Sensors

is that a RB25DE or DET ? because it doesn't make any mention of turbo chargers, as well as the uncut harness.

a clip will get you all the under hood stuff, even vac booster, inter cooler, and down pipes. Problem is they probably will need changing, so unless you could sell the un needed stuff to someone, you might be better off getting an engine.

Sometimes they toss in the driveshaft and the guage cluster with the front clip. and you could probably score with some R32 or R33 headlights and brackets that can fetch a good dollar.

Tiger Japanese is quite good too. They never get back to you if you're waiting for a price or if they've told you to "call back this time next week" because they probably sell enough engines to not give a crap, but they are pretty good in terms of engine quality and warranty. their shipping within Quebec/Ontario is pretty good, too.

however, I think you could find someone closer to Oregon, to be quite honest.

If you have the extra money (1 or 2 grand) to play around with misc parts that might need refreshing or replacing with whole different parts (radiator, inter cooler), you should just get the engine itself as you've listed. Just make sure it comes with the Uncut harness and turbos/exhaust parts if you want to start it up within their allotted time for warranty (usually 30 days)

plus, those prices look way to good to be true...gotta be careful with online engine importers

No, the prices are legit. There are a number of people within Ontario who've bought from them with no problems.

You must watch out for Osaka JDM Motors. Those are the people with the junkyard engines. Someone on this board with a very powerful and really S30 had purchased had two bad engines from them, one being the DOA warranty fulfillment, and he got screwed. That's just one of the Osaka horror stories.

Tiger Japanese is somewhat respectable. They have great shipping and have pretty clean engines.

Go clip depending on the price you get it for. I wish I had. Mine had little stuff cracked and missing that would have made it safely through transit.

The 240sx guys can use the crossmember for their swaps. You can sell that. Sometimes they come with brakes which is also good for the 240 guys.

Just throwing that out there! I was ready to pay almost 200 for a crossmember.

Evan