HybridZ

Help t56 and stock master cylinder

wrxand280z

I've installed my slave cylinder on my T56 and I"m using the stock master cylinder. I test ran the motor to see if I could press the clutch and put the car in gear and when I pushed the clutch in the motor died. So for the next run I ran the motor at 1000rpm and pushed on the clutch and I heard a bit of scraping noise. Is that because I'm not getting enough travel in the sc? It doesn't make the noise unless I"m pressing the clutch. How do I know if the clutch is properly bled?Also I've searched on how to adjust the clutch and I've seen a lot on people needing to but I can't find out how to adjust the clutch. I know I should not have more than 2" of free play and no less than 1/4" but when I look at the rod that goes through the firewall it only has like 1/4" of adjustment? Is this the rod I"m suppose to adjust? Thanks for the help I'm trying to get the car back on the road without having to replace the mc.

Which T56 are you running? The LT1 (93-97) has an external slave and the LS1 has the internal slave (between the trans housing and pressure plate, on the shaft) Neither of which should grind if you are not getting enough fluid from the stock Zcar MC.

As far as bleeding the MC and SC, (I have the LT1, external slave and Tilton MC) I simply disconnected the SC and worked it by hand several times. I have my clutch pedal adjusted so there is no play. If you are using the LT1 SC, make sure you have the proper spacer plate in between the SC and the bellhousing.

Jody

Thanks for all the help guys. I adjusted the clutch and as soon as I turned the car on it started grinding. Which told me it was in the clutch. I was almost to the point of pulling the trans out of the car, when I decided to take a look up into the trans through the throwout arm hole. I saw the culprit immediatly. I did not tighten the throwout arm bolt 5 years ago and the throw out arm was draging on the pressure plate. So instead of pulling the trans by myself I spent 4 hours tighting one bolt. I then re-attached the slave cylinder and found out that had blown.:icon8: I'm gonna pick up another sc tonight and see if it will fly.