HybridZ

Tockico Gland nut problem

Okay so I got my set of tokico struts and springs. Well anyways on the front it came with a gland nut and a washer, now with the washer the gland nut does not seat completely like this

10-16-07_1815.jpg

Now I tightened both of them pretty tight but the front right was making clunks so I looked and the nut was really loose. What should I do, remove the washer and torque the nut down or leave the washer and torque the nut down ?

Sorry for the image quality.

Okay I think did a few things wrong first off, I've never done suspension before and the tokico kit did not come with instructions. What is he filling the strut tube with I did not put that "Oil" in and I will remove the spacers when time permits, mean while it's bum-a-ride-time. So first off what kind of oil is that and where do I get it. Second off is it needed for tokico HPs on a 83 280ZX ?

I believe the oil is primarily there to transfer the heat generated by the up/down motion of the strut to the strut housing more efficiently so it can be dissipated. On my 73 I used Marvel Mystery oil mainly because I had it in the garage when I needed it. I imagine any oil that's reasonably thin will do.

As for your question if it's needed on an 83, I don't see why not, but I'll leave that to someone who owns a ZX.

zmanco is right the oil is just a heat transfer. i bought the cheapest 10w30 from autozone. it wouldnt hurt to use it. only used about half a quart for all 4 corners. i dont own a zx so i also dont know about the spacer. but i posted that showing that it wouldnt be unusual if you didnt need it

BTW, with regard to the clunk, you should also make sure you have the springs properly seated in the top perch when you set the car back down. Like you, I had one gland nut work loose. But after I tightened it I still had a clunk. Turns out one of the rear springs wasn't seated right. Took me way too long to figure that one out :(