HybridZ

z31 differential compatability question

premo-s12

alright, here's the gig. ive got an 87 SE s12 that was previously VG equiped but now banging a small block ford V8 minus a driveshaft. so with that in mind, i can weld and snout length doesnt matter. here's the question. what diff can i find at the junkyard that will bolt in in far as terms as the half shafts go? id like something that can bolt into the subframe but thats not a huge deal as i can re-fab that, i just cant be bothered pulling half shafts apart or pulling a diff out of one thing, putting this into that, etc, etc at the yard...i want something that i can plug and play and get as a whole at the junk yard all day long. like a j30, q45 etc. has anyone tried these? the 87 s12 has the same rear end as the non rear disk vented z31 by the way. if i HAVE to swap out a diff into a case i guess i can do that, but id rather not. i just want a diff w/shafts attached that will bolt onto my hubs and preferably bolt into my subframe and carrier. any ideas? yes, ive searched but everywhere i go seems to damn vague.

thanks in advance

yea,but its open diff. i want something with an aftermarket. idont want to hunt around for the impossible to find z31 diff or spend 1000 on an s13 lsd for the open diff. i want something i can find at the junkyard all day long and will bolt in...like a j30 or q45. they have lsd's and are there all teh time. hell, id do a z32 if teh half shafts would work. thats really my only concern.. id prefer it bolts up to the subframe but its not required...i just dont do gear oil. the smell about makes me want to vomit. i dont know what it is seirously but its nausiating lol