HybridZ

spring lengths?

im in the process of replacing the shocks on my z. i noticed before i underwent this project that when i jacked up the front of the car my right rear liked to sag a little more than the left. i payed no mind to it and went on with my project.

when i changed my rear shocks i switched the springs because i thought when the car launched it put more pressure on the right spring. now after i have the rear put together the right side sets up about 1in higher than the left and when i go around left hand corners at excess speed it sounds like some thing it scraping like its the half shaft or the drive shaft.

so after all this rambleing my question. is there a spring diffrence between the left and right rear? i think this may be a factor in my problem.

btw i also changed the a-arm bushings.

If the strut spacers at the top are both in good shape (and the same size, assuming someone previously didn't swap a short one for a tall one), and all other dimensions are identical left to right, I'd recommend you measure the wire size (micrometer) on the springs and if needed, remove them and make sure they are identical.

could it be that the spring is worn out? the shocks that i took out were dead, and had been like that for a while. the spacers were good when i removed them. i will have to check the the size of the springs tomorrow.

well absolutely, it's unusual for a spring to degrade that much faster than it's partner, but not impossible. someone could have replaced only the one spring as well. i'd take them off and see how dead they are. springs are usually replaced when shocks are replaced anyway, especially if you are replacing "dead" shocks.