HybridZ

200 MPH + 240z on ebay!

JSM

Isn't there a formula for horsepower requirement to achieve a desired speed at a certain Cd? I'm sure there is, but I can't find it right now. I remember the nascar guys saying it takes 30 hp to gain 1 mph at 200 mph.

It's a nice car and it's probably pretty fast, but he shouldn't be claiming 200 mph without some evidence. There's some pucker factor involved with 150mph, at least for me on the straights at VIR.

John

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t65 is not capable of the kind of speed and he would need tape all over that thing and a 200 mph bike would only exist on the salt plains no production bike will do that specially without blowin the rider off and LOVE the custom non handle door panels do you just crawl in and out of the hatch? when this guy posted this crap he had to know what he was getting himself into what a tard

t65 is not capable of the kind of speed and he would need tape all over that thing and a 200 mph bike would only exist on the salt plains no production bike will do that specially without blowin the rider off and LOVE the custom non handle door panels do you just crawl in and out of the hatch? when this guy posted this crap he had to know what he was getting himself into what a tard

The production streetbike record is held at ~205mph. Just to let you know. (thats off the showroom floor)

IF he's making 550whp at 5252rpm with a t56, 3.9 r200, and 24" tall tires, he's got ~1072 pounds of force pushing the car forward at 200mph in 6th.

I judged that his car was aerodynamically closest to test number 9 in our aero tests. Since air resistance varies with the square of speed, I would think a close model would be Drag = k(velocity)^2. With test number 9 showing 326 pounds of drag at 120mph, and of course 0 pounds at 0mph, I come up with D=.0226388889v^2. At 200mph, that yields ~906 pounds of drag.

With 1072 pounds of force pushing against 906 pounds of drag, it would be possible.

I'm not saying the car would be drivable (or even land-bound) at 200, and his engine definitely does not look like it's putting down 550whp, all I'm saying is that 550whp should be enough to push a car aerodynamically similar to his to 200mph.

And it's definitely not worth 32k (seems like no one else thinks it is, either, as it did not sell).

Edit: I forgot to add, if my aero math is in any way incorrect, someone please chime in. I'd love to know how to do it correctly, if that isn't.

a 200 mph bike would only exist on the salt plains no production bike will do that specially without blowin the rider off

its a thing called ducking, i give props to anyone who can sit up on a bike past 130. and a few 1000cc production bikes ARE capable of doing it, just gotta find a place to do it..

the new R1's should be able to reach exactly 200 with conditions permitting, the busa, but i dont think it counts, theres one ducati, but i cant remember the name, the GSXR 1k tops about about 186 or so, even so its VERY easy to get speed out of a bike, just have to change the sprockets, aerodynamic mods...etc

the new R1's should be able to reach exactly 200 with conditions permitting, the busa, but i dont think it counts, theres one ducati, but i cant remember the name, the GSXR 1k tops about about 186 or so, even so its VERY easy to get speed out of a bike, just have to change the sprockets, aerodynamic mods...etc

i was talking about a unmolested flat out production bike only thing i can think of is a busa or that new giant 1400 kawasaki i think it was

http://www.indianmotorbikes.com/features/munro/munro.htm

Burt ran just shy of 200 on a 1920's modified Indian at the salt flats. The movie 'World's fastest Indian' is a tribute to him. Well worth seeing! in comparison to late model high technology bikes that old Indian makes them look like overpriced jokes.

not only that, but the fact he made his parts out of basically scrap metal.

according to the site, he was known to cast his pistons in the sand AT the beach

built the con-rods out of catapiler axles and heat treated them

built the cylinders out of cast iron gas pipes with cut peices of aluminum shrunk onto them.

and considering that the stock engine would only do 55mph, that thing was insane. he built his own twin overhead cam design for it, and basically built everything from the ground up. what's nuts is the fact that he did 200mph in a 1920's motorcycle, WITH the stock style block, and HOME BUILT PARTS.

you tell someone to do that now-a-days haha.

• Administrators
New response after informing him you guys liked the car.

Dear pyrosparks911,

i have track proof, and im a member of that site

- adampettis

Member here eh? Hmm.. Either he's smart enough not to make any sort of attempt to backup his outrageous BS claims, or he is just making that up like everything else..