HybridZ

White/Black or Red/Black Paint Schemes

78280z

• 1 month later...

Being an older rocker, I see the similarities between this scheme and the legendary Eddie Van Halen guitar paint job. The first guitar he painted like this is better known as the "Frankenstein". He has also hand striped a number of Kramer custom guitars by hand. Real cool paint scheme, somewhat psuedo random. One of the all time great rock guitarists. Nobody played like Eddie, until Eddie.

guitar-sustainersm.jpg

More hear:

http://www.vintagekramer.com/5150f.htm

Being an older rocker, I see the similarities between this scheme and the legendary Eddie Van Halen guitar paint job. The first guitar he painted like this is better known as the "Frankenstein". He has also hand striped a number of Kramer custom guitars by hand. Real cool paint scheme, somewhat psuedo random. One of the all time great rock guitarists. Nobody played like Eddie, until Eddie.

If you look carefully, you can even see some small VH logos on the porsche car. I'm seriously considering this paint for my Z, after my last guitar project : http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126948

Primary colors, red and black.

suppose to be good for brain development of newborns.

maybe we should make Honda owners paint their cars in red and black.

Actually, now that I think of it, my Z was red with black along the running boards. Plus the black weatherstrip and hood vents.

No wonder I so smart.

A little off topic but.. That's quite the collection you have there z tard. As soon as I saw that chopped z I was thinking the same thing.. I'm one of the few younger people that actually have good taste in music, lol.

Thanks! If I get too many more, I think the wife will start taking them to the Good Will store :) The Z I posted is mine, which in reality is mostly silver with spots of primer and a few rustoluem test patches. The Photoshop was done by Veritech Z, and has almooooooost convinced me to abandon my original plan to paint the car orange and instead paint the car up in VH stripes. Damn that guy :) I'll probably try a model first....

I grew up listening to Van Halen, my earliest memories of music are almost all Van Halen (along with lots of CCR) and like most guys the only reason I ever wanted to play guitar is because Eddie made it look and sound sooooo cool. As far as I'm concerned, theres only one way to do a Black/White or Red/Black/White paint job, and it requires lots and lots of masking tape :)