HybridZ

How much for T56 swap labor?

Simple version: How much should I pay the shop to swap my new T56 in where my T5 is now?

Long story because I feel lazy for not just doing it myself...

I'm posting this on here rather than driving to the shop because I'm in Iraq right now and just trying to get a feel for how much it's going to cost me when I get back in a couple weeks.

I just bought this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200163084783

The problem I have is a complete unavailability of tools. I live in the barracks on Fort Bragg, NC, so I don't have a garage or anywhere to keep tools. That limits me to one small tool box for minor repairs and such. I need quite a bit more than what I've got to swap out my T5 for the T56. It seems the only option that leaves me with is taking it to the shop where I had my T5 crossmember made and getting them to swap out the trannies and make a new crossmember. So the question is... what should I expect to pay? What do you think a reasonable price would be? I always did things like this myself (other than fab work) when I lived in Houston, so I have no clue. I paid $250 for the very well made crossmember for the T5.

Thanks in advance,

TJ

Isn't there a loaded garage on base with lifts and whatnot? Sorry for not having a price; I'm just told that the bases around here have loaded garages that you can "rent" for 50 cents or so per hour.

Shane

That may not be a bad idea. I can borrow a trailer from somebody, swap the tranny myself, then cart it over to the shop to have the new crossmember made. That should keep my cost down to another $250, assuming I can find a trailer to borrow. Otherwise not sure how I'd get it from one place to the other.

Thanks.