HybridZ

Auto X Spoiler Options

In the class rules for FP I can either use a 0-10" spoiler at the rear of the deck lid or a 0-4" spoiler at the top of the deck lid above the rear glass. These spoilers can be at any angle but they can't come out further than the body work.

So whats the best set up for speeds 65 and under from an aerodynamics point of view?

I'd think only testing would tell you that. I would hazard a guess however that you could run pretty aggressive angles. I would also guess that the biggest advantage to spoilers in this application would be reduced drag, which you can test via coast-down testing.

Let us know the results if you do any testing.

Dave

Any tips on coast down testing?

I cant use a wing it can only be a spoiler.

I was hoping to see some wind tunnel tests next time on these types of spoilers.

I was going to make the spoiler from lexan. I have a large 10" nascar type spoiler template made but then I thought the 4" may work better because in the tunnel info it shows lift with the 6" rear spoiler.

At autocross speeds total area is important. Prepared pretty much inherits Street Prepared aero rules and the fast SP folks run 10" tall spoilers almost perpendicular to the body work as far back on the car as they can go. Check out the spoiler on Schenker's CSP Miata.

652408_18_full.jpg