HybridZ

Friends 240SX will not start, need help

Guest Krisnorris

Guest Krisnorris

I am in need of a little technical support for a 240SX. His car will not start and here is what I have done so far:

Removed valve cover and timing chain is intact and operates when cranked

There is no spark coming from the spark plugs, replaced distributor still no spark

Fuel system has approx. 60 PSI

There seems to be no fuel delivery to the cylinders.

I do not hear the fuel injectors clicking. Checked electrical connector with noid light in which there is no light visible in the noid.

Since there is no spark or fuel I thought it was an ECU problem.

Replaced ECU and still no luck.

I did notice that the numbers did not match on each unit. Could this be a problem? The A number matched perfectly but the numerical number did not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am stuck.

Kris

Guest Krisnorris

Ignition coil is included in the distributor, I am pretty sure at least. It is not separate per maintenance manual. Also, the car completely cutoff while driving almost as if the timing chain broke but I checked and it is functioning properly by removing the valve cover. It will turn over when cranked, but it will not start. Thank you for taking the time to post and giving me a helping hand. I appreciate it.

Kris

Guest Krisnorris

Yes it will crank by key. I looked at all of the fuses which were good and checked the fuel injector wiring harness with a noid which returned no signal. Thank you for your help.

Kris