HybridZ

LT1 heater water flow direction

I'm getting ready to hook up my Vintage AIR heater coolent lines. They say to hook up in inlet to the heater from the intake. I know LT1 engines have reverse flow for cooling. Which way does the coolent run through the heater. Can I assume the flow comes out of the top hose and back into the lower heater hose on the water pump, like in the pict?

LT1WaterPump.jpg

I had the same question myself, not trusting so called authorities, I personally tested this with a piece of clear tube with a piece of string inside to show the flow direction. The picture is incorrect. It flows the other way, out of the lower fitting and returns to the upper. Also if you have one, the connection for oil cooler flows out of the water pump.

I had the same question myself, not trusting so called authorities, I personally tested this with a piece of clear tube with a piece of string inside to show the flow direction. The picture is incorrect. It flows the other way, out of the lower fitting and returns to the upper. Also if you have one, the connection for oil cooler flows out of the water pump.

Thanks, good thing I didn't just assume anything before I cut hoses. No oil cooler. In fact I wish I'd bought the Corvette water pump, it doesn't have that fitting. Getting the fitting out to plug the hole wasn't fun with the pump already installed!