HybridZ

another itb thread

olie05

Didier,

You're much better with English than I am with French, so merci beaucoup!

The flanges look like they were each machined from billet? That is, one piece of solid aluminium? Rather than having a flange cut then welding on pipe, which is what I was considering with my VK56 ITBs. Still deciding.

It looks like you left the factory linkages between each group of 3 ITBs, then fabricated a custom connector to link the two sets of 3? And that this custom connector is actuated by a custom control point which appears to be mounted to something that's welded to the top of cylinder 3 & 4 exhaust headers?

Thanks,

Dave

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you are absolutely right with this description !thank you for the help !

the big steel hose you see above the bodies will flow fresh cooling liquid above each exhaust port.

Cooling issues on these datsun heads are a major problem,

I 'm making a "reverse flow" system with a Davies Craig Electric water pump .Two little hoses in the upper pockets of the head will evacuate the bolling gases returning to the expansion tank .

right?

best regards .

Didier

260 Z 2+2

Sounds good. Be interesting to point a laser temperature gun at the connections between the head and the big cooling line, and see how the temperatures change. There are a few good threads on here about cooling issues on the L6, http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/59029-head-cooling-on-cylinder-5-solutions/page__view__findpost__p__539888__hl__ is a good one started by TimZ with a high HP turbo L28.

Would love to hear how you're measuring and validating your results, and how it all goes. :)

Dave

Yes i know this thread, it was a good knowledge for me, but i think the peter Mac donnel's process on auszcar (pmc26) forum is best : he is drilling vertical holes between intake and exhaust ports to by pass the casting webs inside the head.Cooling flow is improved.Did you see that ?

As for me, i stay with my system, flowing fresh water to each cylinder .

wait and see.

i'll try the laser temperature gun if i get one

• 4 weeks later...

Another photo showing the throttle command system

post-181-076861700 1338283394_thumb.jpg

Edited: I re sized your photo instead of just deleting it. Please re size to avoid them getting deleted.

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Please Resize Images to: 1024 x 768 pixels or close, before placing on HZ.

Megasquirt?

Will you have an O2 sensor?

Tj

Yes i've built an MS2/V3 and i get a wide band from Alan TO , but my car is still on restauration, i finished the body welding, and i work now on glass/polyester moulds .

Sorry for the wrong size of my photos, i'll correct that . thanks

Edited by didier
Images way to large. Please resize before posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Presently I have one electric fuel pump feeding the Triples.

With EFI I will need a high pressure pump, filter, regulator and a return line? Not sure if my 1973 had a return setup, there are some plugged lines I have never messed with.

• 2 weeks later...

Presently I have one electric fuel pump feeding the Triples.

With EFI I will need a high pressure pump, filter, regulator and a return line? Not sure if my 1973 had a return setup, there are some plugged lines I have never messed with.

Yes, with EFI, you need a high pressure pump, a damper, a regulator with vaccum hose, AND a return line. I think every Z gets a return line with SU's originals mounts.

post-26847-012212900 1340191977_thumb.jpgThe L motor really needs around 13in of inlet runner to give good torque , from the tip of the trumpet to the port face , and for a road car i try and make them as long as i can, trumpets 120mm long. Close to 15in long runner on a L28 29 . If the runner is to short it will reject a lot of fuel at 4000+ . Edited by PMC raceengines

post-26847-012212900 1340191977_thumb.jpgThe L motor really needs around 13in of inlet runner to give good torque , from the tip of the trumpet to the port face , and for a road car i try and make them as long as i can, trumpets 120mm long. Close to 15in long runner on a L28 29 . If the runner is to short it will reject a lot of fuel at 4000+ .

Do you mean " port face " is the head flange ? the length to valve seat is about 110mm, so 13 in (330 mm)+110= 440 mm, you are right for an harmonic tune not so high in rpm

But 15in ( 380mm) + 110= 490mm is very long,not very good for +6000 T/mn

I make my calculations with a french firmware, and i will make differents lengths of silicone hoses and fiber trumpets , and i 'll test in real world next time.

excuse my english !

A few questions while we are kicking around ITB.

1) IN general then am I hearing that a little longer is better than a little shorter? 15" from trumpet tip to mounting flange at head face? or into the valve?

2) Having some trouble locating the code: 35f0 GSXR throttle bodies. I have read that is the code for US spec 2001+ EFI ITB Gixxer. I want to matched sets to make one.

3) A little research shows that Ms1v3 or mS2V3 will do just fine condisering I want spark control also. I don't have the rest of my life to figure out Megasquirt so I am looking for an easy kill on which SW.

4) Is there a fuel pump that people generally accept as acceptable for an EFI installation?

The 13in one makes power at 4500 to 7500 with a cam with 260@50 310d 550lift and is very strong at 6000rpm max hp at 6500 and will hold to 7500 in a L28 29 with 10.5 comp +

The long runer makes max power at 5800 and will fall over after so its good for the road cars, very good torque at 3500 with a mild cam

There are many things that can change the rpm that the intake works , but these are what i end up with on the dyno most times

The 13in one makes power at 4500 to 7500 with a cam with 260@50 310d 550lift and is very strong at 6000rpm max hp at 6500 and will hold to 7500 in a L28 29 with 10.5 comp +

The long runer makes max power at 5800 and will fall over after so its good for the road cars, very good torque at 3500 with a mild cam

There are many things that can change the rpm that the intake works , but these are what i end up with on the dyno most times

I agree to that totally !

I'm still waiting for your DOHC RB build results ! amazing !