HybridZ

At wits end

I've got a 1981 280zx with the automatic heater and A/c control assembly.The darn thing doesn't turn on the heater or A/C anymore and I've been unable to locate a schematic for the unit and i don't know where to buy a replacement unit.If anyone knows where to get a replacement unit or schematic let me know please.

Tom

1981 280zx 2+2

1976 280z 350 V8 project no rust

1970 series 1 240z LT-1 project no rust

1974 260z senior Rustinstein

unless it is a busted vacuum hose in the dash which is often the case you are pretty much stuck. Friend of mine spent 300 bucks on new sensors etc etc etc and still no go. The other common problem is the little fan in the dash stops sucking in air to the sensor. try jumping 12v direct to fan motor and see if the blower is working.

Can't help you with your questions but a lot of 280ZX owners did this mod to switch to a manual control.http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/zxclimatconversion/index.html

LARRY

Thanks for the link friend that's a lot of work but it'll be worth it. once again thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If the fan is not turning on, there is a little silver relay on the side of the fan housing. Mine was worn, I took it apart ( breaking several wires) re bent and cleaned the contacts, reassembled ( with solder) and volia, A/C fan. I figured it out by pushing on it, that twisted the relay enough that the contacts closed. I've heard others complain about that relay afterwards.