HybridZ

how to get rid of you differencial clunk

Silver Mine Motors

today i fixed my differencial once and for all. all i did was weld those two bolts that hold the diff to the mustache bar to the mustache bar. it was easy and it made the car feel soo much better that before! here's a pic.

100_0401.jpg

no matter how tight i made those two bolts the diff would always make that clunk everytime i let out the clutch. i think the problem was that the holes in the mustache bar were to big for the two bolts. they were probabley smaller when the car was brand new but after thirty years of driving they were probabley expanded a bit, and tha's were the noise was coming from.

so if you have this problem you should consider this. also if i ever have to remove those bolts the welding can probabley be grinded of.

i could probabley grind the welds off in a minute. i just went out for a pointless drive just to feel it again. it was definatley worth it.

I had the same problem with hogged out holes in my mustache bar. My fix was to use large diameter plate washers instead of the 2 small ones that are pictured and stock. The large plate washers provide a much larger holding surface and are almost as thick as the mustache bar.