HybridZ

Car cranks, but won't start...

Ok, I have an early 1972 240z, and it won't turn over. I've replaced the ignition coil, and the distrubutor looks fine. And I don't think I'm getting any spark at all. Is there any fusible links between in the ignition system? And if so, where are they? And what else can I look at? And is anyone able to come over this weekend or next to help? Thank you.

Justin

You think or you know there is no spark? Need to do more trouble shooting in order to give good advise.

Well, I have no way of knowing without a second person to help me crank the engine as I check for spark.

Also, I was asking if there were any fusible links going to the ignition coil and ignition system, and if so, where at.

should be in the instructions for the dizzy you were ordering. If not, there are diagrams at autozone.com. I cant remember on mine because i ripped everything out. Set a hooked up spark plug on the valve cover, when you crank the engine it will spark. Also check and make sure if the ignition module (little black box on the side of dizzy) is grounded well. But if youve already taken off the new dizzy to go back to the points i guess just check the wiring at autozone.

should be in the instructions for the dizzy you were ordering. If not, there are diagrams at autozone.com. I cant remember on mine because i ripped everything out. Set a hooked up spark plug on the valve cover, when you crank the engine it will spark. Also check and make sure if the ignition module (little black box on the side of dizzy) is grounded well. But if youve already taken off the new dizzy to go back to the points i guess just check the wiring at autozone.

Umm, I have a 1972 240z. Also, I am converting it back to a point system from an electronic. The internals of the dizzy is what is changing back. There are no instructions provided, and the Haynes manual is very vague of what is connected to where.