HybridZ

Source for solid diff mounts

Guest GaryZ

New to this forum, but am very impressed with the expertise of its members!

Does anyone know a source for solid differential mounts?

I know MSA sells the front, but can't seem to find a source (Ground Control is out of stock) for the rears.

Thanks for the info, but I guess I should have been more specific:

...was looking for commerical sources for the mounts---and more particularly, a source for the moustache bar mounting points.

First, I should point out the car is used in E-Production racing, and solid mounts are probably not the best idea for street use.

I think the best analogy for this, I read elsewhere on these forums: it would be like using solid motor mounts on one side and rubber on the other side. The side (or end) that can move, will, and the flexing will tend to do structural damage to whatever its mounted .... at least that's been my experience with the E-Prod car.

Although we did consider the argument that poly or other hardened mounting points might "soak up" some of the shocks to the diff, it doesn't seem to work out that way in practice.

First, I should point out the car is used in E-Production racing, and solid mounts are probably not the best idea for street use.

I think the best analogy for this, I read elsewhere on these forums: it would be like using solid motor mounts on one side and rubber on the other side. The side (or end) that can move, will, and the flexing will tend to do structural damage to whatever its mounted .... at least that's been my experience with the E-Prod car.

Although we did consider the argument that poly or other hardened mounting points might "soak up" some of the shocks to the diff, it doesn't seem to work out that way in practice.

i ran a solid mount behind my four speed v8z for a while with no problems, then after a few months, the problems started.

driveshaft bolts would come loose every week and once they snapped.

once i had driveshaft bolts back in, snapped the mustache bar in two.

renew mustache bar bushings with poly and try it again.

snapped bolt to said solid mount.

new bolts lets try it again, plus strap the nose down per jtr method with a snubber in the trans tunnel over the nose.

X-member split in half.

weld it back up.

split it again right now the middle in a different place.

no solid diff mount for me.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Doug: sorry, but was attempting to respond to more than one post at the same time!

MSA does not sell solid ones for the moustache bar.

Finally located some at Top-End Performance. . .a little pricey, but less than having the race shop fabricate some.

Gary