HybridZ

Attention Jtaylor =]

Z U L8R

Yeah that was him running his turd... He is finally tired of running 10.50's on pump gas and he told me afther dinner that he is going to get "serious" now! So that was turbo Dave with truck? Man he sure did looked weird with that huge beard! He was in the street tire class on full slicks so thats the reason why he got kicked out as far as I know. He was not very happy about it...

ya, that's my tuner

man i'm hearing different stories from everyone

Dave said it was cause they said he didn't have a full exhaust, so he shows him his exhaust goes all the way back. then they said he doesn't have a muffler, yet he passed tech inspection and they put him in the category they put him in. it's not like he had a muffler in tech then took it off, or changed tire. the truck was the same the whole day. so he passes tech, beats the hell out of the truck 4 or 5 times, then right before the finals they disqualify him? it's just kinda shady. another guy told me he was standing right there by the wall and they said he leaked fluids on the track and that's why he got kicked out. and now you're saying that it was cause of his tires. he said there were a lot of other guys competing with slicks, but they broke their ♥♥♥♥ so..LOL all i know is if you were him, and they passed you in tech, and placed you where they placed you, then right before you kick everyone's ass in a monster truck you get booted.....i'd be pissed off too LOL. if nothing else they should've just said you can't compete and i'm sure he would've been fine just test and tuning lol.

anyways, so far this is the 3rd story i've heard, and all are different. i left turbo dave's earlier and asked him about it lol. anywho, i wish i woulda been able to go. we've been tryin to get this other turbo on there, and once we did (wednesday) it ended up having shaftplay from the housing being wallowed out....we didn't have a plan b so that kinda screwed me from goin to import faceoff and bustin my first 10. i heard that track was pretty sticky too, grrrr oh wellz. i'll have my day in glory soon enough lol

did you guy's get any video? i wanna c some vids :D

take care

Dave =]

sexy ♥♥♥♥ :D rb25 ftmfw! i used to have those rims on an s13, we called em "the chariot wheels" LOL they weren't tsw's though they were knockoff eagle rims. damn i shoulda just put the gt30 back on and ran for the hell of it >_<

JTAYLOR@IMPORTFACEOFF2_thumb.jpg

JTAYLOR@IMPORTFACEOFF1_thumb.jpg

Where'd you come across those pics? I've looking around to see if any would pop up but have only found one. Those are nice.

As far as turbo Dave goes......noone PUT him in that class. You pay extra and sign up for the class you want to be in. He put HIMSELF in the Street Class which requires DOT tires and a muffler. Tech was a joke....they didn't look at anything...just wrote a number on the car. Someone noticed he had slicks on the truck and said something. For the record, it wasn't me or Eric (the guy that won) and as far as I'm concerned he owes us both an apology. The way he acted was uncalled for.

Rules are here BTW.

http://www.importfaceoff.net/race_rules.htm

They are easy to follow. Noone's fault but his own.

Also, there was noone else in the class on slicks. Those were in test and tune or another class (the FWD class allows slicks).

Who's to say he would have kicked our asses anyway. :)

Hope to see you at the next one.

JT

Oh yeah, although the track was better than the past 2 years it was still not very sticky. I was cutting high 1.5 60 ft Friday at our local track and bested a 1.70 on Sunday at the event. I was having hell with traction all through first gear every run which is why I only ran a 10.5. I was hoping to see my first 9 sec pass Sunday.

haha, cool cool. i got those pics from importatlanta.com so far that's the only one's i've seen of your car. they're showing more and more. i wish i would've been ready but oh wellz.

i can understand both sides of the whole scenario. anyways i wish i had gone now so i could've seen ur car in person. looked like y'all had a blast pretty much. i would've like to see the bewby contest myself rofl.

anywho, i'll post more pics of you if i see anymore for your scrapbook. take it ez brotha,

Dave =]

i believe that was in second gear, nls'ing and no bottle :P

he shoulda double checked the rules i guess, if he had known i'm sure he would've gladly obliged. anywho....live and learn

when's the next big event close by GA, you know?

take care,

Dave =]

searching around for pics, and happened upon this thread. had to respond lol

As far as turbo Dave goes......noone PUT him in that class. You pay extra and sign up for the class you want to be in. He put HIMSELF in the Street Class which requires DOT tires and a muffler. Tech was a joke....they didn't look at anything...just wrote a number on the car. Someone noticed he had slicks on the truck and said something. For the record, it wasn't me or Eric (the guy that won) and as far as I'm concerned he owes us both an apology. The way he acted was uncalled for.

he definately does. im there with my wife and son minding my own business and we have to deal with that crap. i understand he was mad, but we had nothing to do with him being disqualified, nobody over there said ANYTHING to the tech people. i know you and russell didnt say anything either, we were all in the same spot the whole time talking to each other. he jumped all over russell and all of us for no reason, and woulnt even listen to russell when he went over there to try and talk to him. all they did was punch their trailor and pitch a fit. i mean he had to know he was illegal, if im not mistaken he brought a 240sx to steele in the spring and they didnt let him run street for that same reason. he seems like a nice guy other than that, he even helped me out with some questions i had on my th400 that russell asked him, but that fit he pitched was uncalled for. it was completely obvious he was running huge full slicks, and at least a cutout if not open exhaust anyway.

anyway ill let that go, and congrats again jonathon on making the final 2 years in a row. maybe we can keep this up :) see you next year at reynolds.

Hey Dave, I was up there as well with Jon and the other guys.. We have the DNI shoot out on March 16th.. Just click the link at the top of hybridZ when you see it to find out more.. I met your bud with the Red M3 on the spray..

sounds good, i'll get more info, like where it's gonna be at etc etc i love big track events, but i don't do that well under pressure unfortunately lol

hahaha, yeah boris aka boki (cf m3 guy), he's a funny guy =] he do any better at this track? he was having problems with his rear end at SDR import showdown i think his best was a 12.8@118mph at SDR

Dave's a cool guy, he always tries to help. sorry all that went down the way it did. truely turbo dave's one of the coolest guys you'll ever meet, he's helped me out so much. it sux that what happened gave a bad impression, and i'm sure he'll rectify things.

for the record, there's "turbo dave", "datsun dave" (me), and "big dave" big dave is the staulky bald headed guy that kind of looks like jim the anvil neidhardt from wwf hahaha. big dave is one of the nicest guys i have ever met. he's a true friend. he's seriously like an older brother, always helpful, generous as all get out, and he's definately a loyal friend you can count on to have your back. i hope you guys can give them another chance so you can get know them like i know them. that's all i can really say about the whole thing since i wasn't there. i just wanted to know wtf happened is all.

i'm going to florida tomorrow to spend some time with my old man, so next weekend i should liven up the board with some more runs in mexico =] hopefully i can hook with DR's and another 100hp hahahha, i can't wait to get back :D

Take it ez fellas,

Dave =]

here's another pic of your car JT :D

ImportFaceOffJT2007_thumb.jpg