HybridZ

Remember how it felt when

Dragonfly

The diff came from a truck recycle yard and was labeled as 4.63:1, when I pulled it apart and looked at the ring it is stamped 37:8 (or 8:37 don't remember now).

I will be taking the car to racelegal on Friday night for some drag racing and I am expecting a friend of mine to be there with a video camera so I should be able to get some decent vids. I test drove the car to work today then went out at lunch and did a few 'romps', first gear will red line in less than one second, I can launch in second and lay down about 40' of rubber and bark third. Freeway driving is a joke with this diff, it really is for racing only.

Dragonfly

Well I took the car to racelegal and did about 15 runs (1/8 mile). I definately had to get the feel for the 4.63:1 gearing as it was very different from what I was used to. I have come to the conclusion that this is not the right gearing for me, at least not in the 1/8 mile races as the cam runs out of breath at the top of 3rd just before the finish and there is not enough room left to shift to 4th.

My best run of the night was against a WRX (non STI), I had a 1.901 60', 9.004 ET, and 75.88 mph trap speed (I beat the WRX). My highest trap speed for the night was 76.66 mph which is 3.xxx mph slower than my highest trap speed with a 3.9:1 diff which netted me 79.xxx mph. Here is a vid of me racing an Integra...

th_DragonflyvsIntegra.jpg

The vid is not very good but the others were not any better. I am going to try using my other diff with a 4.37:1 ratio at the next racelegal races which will be 12/14/2007. Hopefuly those gears will work better for me.

Dragonfly

Where do you race at ?

Racelegal is held at Qualcomm stadium in San Diego. Information can be found at http://www.racelegal.com.

For those of you who are real fast they do have a limit of 6 seconds, anyone who breaks into the 5's gets one warning then they are kicked out. There are several cars there capable of running less than 6 seconds but they always back out of it at the end. Most cars that race here run anywhere from 8 to 11 seconds, so just about anyone can fit in.

Dragonfly