HybridZ

Hyundai Genesis Coupe details!

Pete84

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/FREE/71114017/1528/newsletter01

The Cliff notes

-RWD, 3.8-liter, 300-hp-plus, 250-lb-ft V6 or turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four producing in excess of 200 hp.

-The four-cylinder coupe, equipped with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic, should start in the low $20,000 range.

-Performance summer-only tires and 19-inch wheels will be offered as an option; 18 inchers will be standard. In addition, the car will feature independent rear suspension and MacPherson front struts, Brembo disc brakes at all four corners, and a limited-slip differential.

- V6 0-60 less than 6 seconds.

Hyundai designed the base engine famiy that is used in the Caliber SRT-4 and Evo X so hopefully the turbo I4 will be able to take alot of boost :icon54:

Let's just hope the promises don't go the way of the 135i.

I'm looking forward to how this pans out.

I hope the boy racers don't jack up the insurance too much.

Looks awesome on paper.

I wonder if the high end model or the turbo model will be a better performance platform?

Although we generally laugh at the tiburon here in the states, they have a pretty good tuner scene overseas from what I hear.

I think this thing is gonna explode like the civic did.

Finally a RWD affordable coupe that has good performance #'s.

Other than things that can be removed with fishing line and a heat gun, what's not to like?

Info from 7tune.com:

Nissan’s response to Toyota’s FR compact sports car.

Not to be outdone by Toyota, Nissan is expected to bring the basic concept of the Urge, which was first shown at the 2006 Detroit Show, to reality. Japanese motoring publication ‘Best Car’ are 60% sure we could see a new concept FR sports compact car shown to the public, possibly at this year’s Tokyo Motor Show. The car to be shown to the public would take on a more mainstream style compared to the Urge, losing it’s exposed motorcycle inspired design for something more befitting of the Nissan family of cars. A 2.0L powerplant is being considered for the new FR coupe, the details of which are still unknown.

Some might be quick to remark that this is indeed the new Nissan Silvia, although whether or not the Silvia name will be resurrected for this particular model is still up in the air. It wouldn’t be surprising for Nissan to use the Silvia name if Toyota were to announce their own upcoming RWD sports coupe as the ‘Sprinter Trueno’ or ‘Corolla Levin’ to link the new models with their (in)famous predecessors. Length, width and height are rumoured to be 3800 x 1700 x 1250mm with a wheelbase of 2300mm, some 250mm shorter than the (already shortened) upcoming Z34 Fairlady Z. These measurements are regarded as ‘just size’ in Japan, meaning it is only as big as it needs to be for its intended purpose, not a larger - and therefore heavier - version of the old S15 Silvia.

The new FR compact sports coupe is expected to retail for around 2,500,000 yen.

Here's a picture of the Nissan's 2006 Urge concept car. Although it bears no resemblance to any of the previous Silvia, I think it may indicate the possible look of the upcoming Silvia successor.

nissan_urge_front.jpg225906

Apparently Nissan even started testing the new model. As usual, they are trying to confuse everyone by wrapping a Z33 shell around. :) As you can easily notice, the car is shorter than a standard 350Z - it becomes very clear once you compare it to the red 350Z (which is most probably a standard car) in the last picture.

Nissan-Small-Coupe-Spy-1.jpg

Nissan-Small-Coupe-Spy-2.jpg

Nissan-Small-Coupe-Spy-4.jpg

Remember this isn't the first time when Nissan test their new models like this. A few months ago I saw a Best Motoring video, where they showed a R34 GTR body with Z33 internals. It was used for testing in Japan - they borrowed the R34 body not to raise any suspicions... :)

I apologise for that digression, but hopefully the Silvia's successor and the Genesis road car will be at least very comparable... You know, competition raises the bar, and so the cars keep getting better. :)