HybridZ

Baja 1000 helicopter crash

wickiewicked240z

I was in ensendad,Baja California today and my cousing told me a helicopter crashed.The helicopter crash during the 40th Baja 1000 race. It was covering the event. What I heard from my cousing Is that it was flying to close and it hit some power lines and crashed. Also that some narc got killed and they came to get that body from the ensenada morgue and they didn't give them the body. They left and came with about 50 narc guys and supposably stoled the body of the narc killing 2 of the officers of the morgue but they stoled the wrong body. We passed by the morgue earlier on saturday and there are police officers and a couple of mexican army soldiers in 2 humbies guarding the entrance. I think they also took some forensic scientist that work there.

not good at posting links-but go to http://www.advrider.com and look in racing forum-there is a post there.2 monthes ago some surfers got carjacked on the road that runs west slong the border fence.some fake cops took thier truck at gunpoint.the drug cartels run tj.i like baja but stay out of tj.the tj cops were closing lanes at the border(race crews going home) and fleecing americans for $100 saying they were in the wrong lane.i usually go into baja at mexicali-at 7 am.

I was there at the race as well. I saw the helicopter and it had landed some 100 yards from me to refuel at small town south of Ensenada. Later it took off as we were awaiting the arrival of the trophy trucks. Soon, over the radio it was announced that a helicopter had crashed. They were following a team from Ensanada, a mexican team and were sponsors of that team is what we were told by other team members. Given that the trophy trucks cost anywhere from 500K to 1M and the pre-runners around 200K, it is no suprise that somehow drug related activity was involved.