HybridZ

anyone have 16x10 w kuhmos?

thinking of running victoracer 265/45/16 on my 16x10 rear, and a 245/45 on my 16x9 front. anybody use this combo or know anyone who has? seems a bit stretched on the rear but im thinking it shouldnt be a problem. i wanted a DOT tire, since the car is mostly track but some street. just looking for any input. without the sidewall cushion in a little worried about it being REAL squirrely since the car is bad enough on its own. i just really wanted to keep it old school but i may end up with custom flares and big 17's. any comments, suggestions, input welcome!

Guest 280ZForce

do it right and get a wider tire... i think the stretched look is purely ugly.

I bought my new wheels in 17x9.5s w/ 255s on them and 17x10.5s w/ 275s on them and to me way too much rim exposed, it had from about 1/4" - 1/2" on each side. :eek2:

Most tires this wide require having to run a low profile tire and I think if the car is going to be street driven at all, I'd protect it all you can.

In my opinion though, what's the point of getting a certain width if you aren't goin to utilize it all? :hs:

Needless to say my wheels now have 275s on the 9.5s and 315s on the 10.5s... perfection.

uhhh---Paul, whats this going on?

my secret... lol.

problem is.. i cant find a dot/comp tire in a 275/285 for a 16inch wheel... if i could.. i would. and i dont want DR's....

thats why im going with the 265's i think, its the best option. i mean, i could drop the rim size and go 9 all around or 9.5 in the back... but that seems retarded. i prefer to have the sidewall stand up instead of stretched out believe me.. but it may not be an option unless someone knows someone who makes a wider size for a 16 or i switch to 17s and re-flare the car

i was just telling someone, wait till john replies. lol.

I looked at the hoosiers, but they seem almost completely unstreetable, i have had v700s on the road before and they actually arent THAT bad with wear.. you know.. for what they are. but you pretty much answered the question, the 265s are fine.

• 3 weeks later...
I run a 295/50 from BF Goodrich on my rear 16's. Fits the 10.5jj just fine. Got them from tire shoppe in the vendor's forum. Great price, period correct and readily available.

A 16x12jj would need what size tire? I googled all afternoon looking for a good 45 or 50 to fit the 12jj. We plan to run 10jj on the front and 12jj on the rear. If we can't find a good tire set we will get the 12jj made into a 9jj and use the 10jj on the rear.

I loved the victoracer tires in that size. They hooked up great, and were not too bad in the wet. I too ran into the same issue with wide tires in 16's. I ran my 265/45/16's on a 16x9 wheel.

I bit the bullet and went all out and went 17's to get the width. Glad I did.