HybridZ

Thoughts on my Semi Euro Balance Tube

JSM

It's not the prettiest, but is much cleaner then it started out.

Anyway, I re-threaded the wholes but unfortunately not with NPT threads or set screws. I just hated seeing anything sticking up and don't want to invest to much time in this because it is temporary.

I used Teflon and red loctite as a test and it was pretty difficult to get out. Looking back, I should have only threaded it part way through to allow it to bottom out.

I marked the set screws with a center punch to watch and see if they move. I don’t want them sucked into the motor! Yikes!

Any reasons why the loctite won't hold up?

PIC00001.JPG

Loctite and Staking as stated will be more than sufficient.

Frankly, IMO, the loctite is for vacuum sealing, and the staking keeps the things from moving.

I think I PM'd you about it, but I took an aluminum rod, threaded it appropriately (BSP Tapered Thread) and then sunk them in with loctite. After they were in there well, I staked 'em, and then ground the whole schebang flush!

I didn't even have the 'pods' sticking out! All smooooooothe! THen I 'black magic blasted' the whole tube so it all had the same finish. Painting afterwards makes the modification undetectable.