HybridZ

Relocated!!! WOO!!

ZDrifter

Well....Its been over a month since I have signed on to hybridz. During that time...I graduated from UTI..Thank you Thank you.. and moved back to...OREGON!!!! WOO!! But it was a interesting trip on the way which almost took the Z with it...

So Im driving along heading to Oregon very excited to get back and we are in the northern California. Cant remember the name of the place but it started with an A. Well this certain town is at 5,000ft... So were driving along and we pass a little store on the right and start heading up a pass and BOOM!!! starts sprinkling snow a little bit... (BOOM was for the effect of me going oh s***) A little side note: I am running SUMMER tires that dont even do well in the rain... Ok back to the story.. So my parents are infront of me in their Toyota Matrix All Wheel Drive..Advantage? I think so. Im trying to stay in their tracks but they are going about 50mph. Starts snowing harder...By now my windows are starting to fog up, I have no defroster. I can feel my oilpan pushing snow, which is about 4 inches and the front end is starting to drift. I start slowing down to attempt to turn around and thats when it happened..:( I lost the tracks that I was following with my parents in front of me and the 6 inches of snow to the right side of the road catch my passenger front tire. I let off the gas, slightly turn to the left...No chance, Im going off. Right now I am going around 40mph heading off the road towards a ditch and strait for a metal highway marker.(This is where I am yelling all kinds of profantity and saying no this cant happen..so much work!!!! so much money!!!! NOOO!!!!) Im heading strait for that marker...At the last second I figure well...either I hit it or I try something else? What you ask? How about throwing it in 3rd and flooring it? What could hurt? BAM third gear, floor it.. I pass the marker on my left and it skims the rear of my car....Yes!!! I managed to push the car past it enough not to hit it strait on.. I eventually slide to a stop in the ditch. Get out and appears to be no damage.. Cop pulls up behind me with a 4-wheel drive and asks where he should hook up to pull me out...I say no..Ill take care of it. So I put it in reverse and amazingly, in about 6 inches of snow and mud, manage to back up, turn around, and drift my way up and back up to the road..( I was a good 10 yards off the road) It took me around 5 min to get there but hey the Z pulled herself out! Get back into town and take a break to get myself together. The only damage from the marker is it skimmed the rear quarter taking some paint off and cut the corner of the rear marker light off. I consider myself REALLY REALLY lucky that that was all that happened. The front end seems tweaked a little bit but its most likely just out of alignment now.

But finally Im back in Oregon!! Glad to be back and currently looking for a job so I can start my career. I did manage to fit....4 trash bags of clothes, my home stereo with speakers, two tool sets, 3 shoes boxes full off stuff, a lamp, parts of a BBQ, and my laptop with accessories in the back. It was packed!!! Thats my story for now..Im glad to be back!!!

Thanks all for the welcome back!! Ron. We definitly need to get together..The Z is going crazy with this weather!!! I need to get the wolf in and tuned so I can get her calmed down. Once I get working, I will be able to get a daily driver and have more time for the Z. Hope to see all of you oregonians soon!!!