HybridZ

Update on #248

Had the chance to work on the car this weekend and finally feel like I'm making reasonable progress...

Got the underhood wiring all but finished - re-reouted, re-wrapped and in its final position. It's nice to only have one main harness all neat and tidy. Also got the Honda wiper motor mounted and wired up and attached to the reconditioned wiper arms.

Here is the pic of the wiper valence area - the relays are all mounted and the wires wrapped for (hopefully) the last time. I was surprised with the amount of space that I ended up with:

DSC04168.JPG

Also, got the new headlights in. These are similar to the ones that a few of the other guys have - the turn signal/parking light is incorporated into the bottome of the lense:

DSC04187.JPG

Also, got the hood mounted - I tell you what, if you have to replace a fender, don't buy aftermarket!!! I've had more issues with fittment due to that fender than any other part. Problem area for now is the way that the inspection panels (don't) fit.... :(

DSC04179.JPG

Shooting for the Christmas break to get her running! (Also...just found out that I'm going to be a Dad!!!!!!!)

It's been a great weekend!!!

Bryan

The headlights are autoloc brand: http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/details.lasso?itemid=hl1t

I had to modify the inner headlight mounting "ring" just a bit due to the turn signal bulb, but when it is all assembled, there is no evidence.

I'm really excited about becoming a dad - my wife and I have waited 8 years. I found a place that will print me up a toddler outfit that will say "My dad's HybridZ will kick your dads car" or something along those lines. :)

Bryan

First, congrats on the "daddy" news! It is a great/super/awesome feeling!

I have two young sons, well 3 and 7 years old.

As for your Z, it looks fabulous. Good luck on getting the Z done over christmas break. Also, I wish you and "mommy" good luck with the baby.

The headlights are autoloc brand: http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/details.lasso?itemid=hl1t

I had to modify the inner headlight mounting "ring" just a bit due to the turn signal bulb, but when it is all assembled, there is no evidence.

I'm really excited about becoming a dad - my wife and I have waited 8 years. I found a place that will print me up a toddler outfit that will say "My dad's HybridZ will kick your dads car" or something along those lines. :)

Bryan

Thanks for the link. The toddler outfit will be cool. Bound to start some conversations too!