HybridZ

Making '73 tach work with XR700 electronic ignition

CamH

Hey guys,

My tach hasn't worked since I picked up the car and I've just finally got around to messing with it today. The car is a '73 with a crane cams XR700 ignition system. I've been trying to use the guide located here: http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/ZXPertronix.htm but it does not seem like my car has the same colors as the ones listed and I don't really want to ruin anything.

I included some pics of what I'm working with here, if anyone would know what to do from the top of their head that would be great, if not I will probably just end up swapping it out for a 280Z tach - I just want to avoid putting in that kind of effort. :D Also if more pictures would be helpful let me know.

Thanks!

w00tw00tsu1.jpg

w00tb00tum1.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! The car came with the ignition when I bought it, and I am unfamiliar with the points style ignition. Could you please point out to me which pieces I should try removing because I am not really sure what went with the original points system that I can get rid of.

Thanks!

Cameron

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...