HybridZ

Question for our machinist about block sleeving

Shuyun

I have just purchased a Maxima LD28 complete long block for the crank. I have been reading about the block for use in my next build up. The information I can find says a 1.5mm or 86mm over boar is the limit of the block. The center line spacing is supposed to be 96mm so is it possible to sleeve the block it a set of 90mm boar 2mm thick cylinder liners with a 2 mm spacing between cylinders?

I have not decided who to have my machine work done by yet I am still assembling parts. I have not decided on how much I am going to push the limit on bore and stroke.

I have been planning on an 88mm bore and an 83mm stroke with a F54/P90 combo with a blow trough carb setup looking for 300hp.

I was just asking if a bore of more than 86mm was possible with sleeving on the LD Block.

I believe your limitations are 86mm without sleeving. I'm waiting on sonic testing for my LD28 block before custom pistons are selected and ordered. Sleeving was a consideration for me too. Once I realized that the sleeves alone would run about $100 a piece, plus the machining cost involved, I decided a 2.8 to 3.0 would serve my purposes well. In the long run, I'd be dollars ahead just dropping in the LS1 sitting in my garage.

You could really go a good bit larger than 88mm with sleeves. Just have sleves made that have flats on the sides.

Dalton is a very good custom sleeve manufacturer.

Let's just say you can go stinkin HUGE with sleeves.

89mm has been done on a N/A LD block before. The video of it is hosted on Google video somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...