HybridZ

Having problems with my 1986 Z31 turbo

Boriqueazy300ZXT

Hey guys. I recently added to my car a MAF sensor (flowmeter) from my Z32 twin turbo to my Z31 single turbo and it's basically the same plug and everything. The problem is that my car won't start without the help of carburetor cleaner being sprayed on it when cranking it up. I also changed my fuel pressure regulator for a Porsche one that I also used in my Z32 TT. Are these swaps that I made the cause of my headache right now?!?!?! I need help and fast. Thanks.

probably. why did you swap them?

as a rule of thumb, never change more than one thing at a time in your fuel systemignition system.

If I were you, I'd swap the old stuff back on, see if it runs right off the bat, then change your new stuff back on, one piece at a time.

Bolt the stock stuff back on, start it to verify nothing else is F'd up,

then put your new MAF on, see if it starts.

if it doesn't, put the old back on, start it to verify nothing else is F'd up,

then put your new FPR on, see if it starts.

if it does, happy day.

then research your MAF swap better, or make sure it's a good MAF by starting your z32 with it, or something like that.

It was on my Z32TT but it ain't the stock one (FPR). I did some research on it because it looked different than the one on the book. It turned out to be a porsche one. This FPR is Bosch brand and Bosch is european. I dunno what got into me. I bought a Mustang flowmeter for my Z32TT and works better on it so I put the stock Z32TT MAF sensor on my Z31. Same as FPR. I really dunno what got into, i'm just going to keep researching until I hit with the problem. We Puertorricans are just fu*&$@ up I say.