HybridZ

jag su carbs 50mm

datsun 1/2 dozen SD

A few months ago I sent a message to a UK-based company, Fourways Engineering, asking if the Jag carbs are worth anything. Geoff Jackson, the owner of the company, said that although they may give some noticeable power increases, they're much more difficult to tune and maintain than the factory Hitachi HJG 46W carbs. Since there are other options, such as having your carbs modified at ZTherapy, or switching to triples (Mikunis are said to be the easiest to tune), I'd forget about the Jag carbs.

A few months ago I sent a message to a UK-based company, Fourways Engineering, asking if the Jag carbs are worth anything. Geoff Jackson, the owner of the company, said that although they may give some noticeable power increases, they're much more difficult to tune and maintain than the factory Hitachi HJG 46W carbs. Since there are other options, such as having your carbs modified at ZTherapy, or switching to triples (Mikunis are said to be the easiest to tune), I'd forget about the Jag carbs.

damn but are they better than stock hitacji su's? in performance i cant afford mikunis would this be a cheaper alternative

damn but are they better than stock hitacji su's? in performance i cant afford mikunis would this be a cheaper alternative

It depends what you mean by saying "better". For me, a good carb is the one that can ultimately give good power, but is realitively easy to tune and maintain. Modified 240Z Hitachi-SUs will be just enough for a moderately tuned street car. For more powerful applications (ie a high compression L28 or a stroker), I'd reccomend triples. The 50mm Jag carbs would be only a temporary solution for the lack of flow of he factory carbs. Having read several users' opinions on modified Hitachi-SUs, I'm convinced that they are the best carbs for a lightly modified L-gata, period. My car is destined to become a trackday special, so I went with triple Solexes (European models, not the licensed Mikuni-Solex PHH-series, which, by the way, are said to be great carbs), but then again, I'm not concerned about daily driveability, fuel consumption, or, say, difficult cold starts.

It depends what you mean by saying "better". For me, a good carb is the one that can ultimately give good power, but is realitively easy to tune and maintain. Modified 240Z Hitachi-SUs will be just enough for a moderately tuned street car. For more powerful applications (ie a high compression L28 or a stroker), I'd reccomend triples. The 50mm Jag carbs would be only a temporary solution for the lack of flow of he factory carbs. Having read several users' opinions on modified Hitachi-SUs, I'm convinced that they are the best carbs for a lightly modified L-gata, period. My car is destined to become a trackday special, so I went with triple Solexes (European models, not the licensed Mikuni-Solex PHH-series, which, by the way, are said to be great carbs), but then again, I'm not concerned about daily driveability, fuel consumption, or, say, difficult cold starts.

i get what your saying but you see i have stock hitachi su carbs on my car right now but i also have a pair of jag 50mm carbs and land rover 50mm su carbs iam saying i cant afford a triple carb set up but i have these on the side and iam about to put a maxima n47 head on my l26 with a mild cam so what do you think would be better for more horsepower modified hitachi su carbs or the british carbs? please give me your opinion please keep in mind iam on a real tight budget

So what you're saying is that you're going to mildly modify an L26. I'd either sell the British SUs and put on the Hitachi-SUs (are they round tops or flat tops? Any pictures?), or sell all the carbs that you have and the L26 manifold, and get yourself a used set of triples taken from a Z. Carb kits are easy to come by on eBay, even in kits dedicated for the L-series.

I wonder what a set of jag and/or land rover 50mm carbs would go for on EBay? Maybe Ebay the ones you have to purchase a set of triples?

The general consensus I've seen here and elsewhere is a Ztherapy'd set of hitachis is an improvement over tuned stock but triples are 20-40 horsepower depending on what you get (40-44-45mm) provided you can tune them.

I wonder what a set of jag and/or land rover 50mm carbs would go for on EBay? Maybe Ebay the ones you have to purchase a set of triples?

The general consensus I've seen here and elsewhere is a Ztherapy'd set of hitachis is an improvement over tuned stock but triples are 20-40 horsepower depending on what you get (40-44-45mm) provided you can tune them.

well i traded this one dude a kkk k27 turbo for them he said he paid 400 each for them maybe doesnt sound real but he had recipts he had 4 more other sets too