HybridZ

RB26 engine build/code location?

TurboSouthAfrican

Looks good... yea your right may be kinda difficult.

You need to plug off the breather next to the turbo exhaust. it will occasionallly drip some oil. and if the exhaust is hot enough, will ignite it.

Thanks Stony, car has been down for about 3 weeks needing a clutch, finally decided on a Carbonetic carbon twin disc. I am pumped to get this thing up and running. Just need to find out what motor for the flywheel, the R34 are a little different for the clutch I am looking at. Thanks again, still nobody with engine code stamp location????

http://tyndago.googlepages.com/rb26dett

this sight has quite a bit of info.

there isn't a stamp that says what it's from, but more or less differences between the r32/33 and r34 it points out. i think yo ucan figure it out using that site.

I didn't see it at first, but your engine DOES have the ignitor box at the back of the engine, so i'm going to say, your engine is from an R32/33

Hmmm if i remember correctly all you need to know is if the tranny is a push or pull type clutch. they only engine stamp i know of is the rb26 stamp on the side of the motor. You can bolt up any of the rb26 clutchs to any of the rb26s BUT the difference is in how the slave cylinder operates.

So determine whether its a push or pull clutch should be all you need to do.

there isn't a stamp that says what it's from, but more or less differences between the r32/33 and r34 it points out. i think yo ucan figure it out using that site.

I didn't see it at first, but your engine DOES have the ignitor box at the back of the engine, so i'm going to say, your engine is from an R32/33

Great thanks, was as simple as the igniter box, you called it, thanks for the help.

Stony, I talked to Carbonetic rep from Japan and he asked me a few questions: Power I would put down, push or pull and R32/33 or the R34. Stony wanted to ask you where you sourced your Jun head parts from. I am looking for all Jun valvetrain parts and 270 lift cams. I just want one place to buy everything from, one stop shopping is so much easier. Thanks Stony

I bought this motor while i was in japan allready built. But the head was sent to JUN on the mainland if i remember and ported and built there. In japan its real easy to get all that stuff from local speedshops... but im in alaska now ;

The CAS also looks like an R32/33 - but I will take a picture of mine today - R34.

Quentin